Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (#3): Revel by Maurissa Guibord


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 


This week I'm featuring:

Revel

Revel by Maurissa Guibord
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: February 12, 2013

Summary from Goodreads:

There’s an island off the coast of Maine that’s not on any modern map.

Shrouded in mist and protected by a deadly reef, Trespass Island is home to a community of people who guard the island and its secrets from outsiders. Seventeen-year-old Delia grew up in Kansas, but has come here in search of her family and answers to her questions: Why didn’t her mother ever talk about Trespass Island? Why did she fear the open water? But Delia’s not welcome and soon finds herself enmeshed in a frightening and supernatural world where ancient Greek symbols adorn the buildings and secret ceremonies take place on the beach at night.

Sean Gunn, a handsome young lobsterman, befriends Delia and seems willing to risk his life to protect her. But it’s Jax, the coldly elusive young man she meets at the water’s edge, who finally makes Delia understand the real dangers of life on the island. Delia is going to have to fight to survive. Because there are monsters here. And no one ever leaves Trespass alive.



GUYS GUYS GUYS I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK!!! I absolutely ADORED Maurissa Guibord's debut, Warped (click HERE for Goodreads information). I cannot wait to get started on a new book (series?) by Ms. Guibord!!! And look at the gorgeous, abstract-looking cover! It's so pretty. There are so many great releases in February, and this one is at the top for me!
What are you waiting on?

28 comments:

  1. the cover is gorgeous, isn't it? and the synopsis is very mysterious and intriguing. I think this is one that I might have to test out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover so much! And Maurissa Guibord is amazing. You should check out WARPED as well! :D

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of this one yet but it sounds really interesting. I'm adding it to my to-read list!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cover looks great, synopsis sounds awesome. Yep, good pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW
    Jessie Marie @ The Daily Bookmark

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks AMAZING! I adore the cover!! I guess I need to check out her debut, Warped if you loved it so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *loved* it! DO IT!!! You won't regret it, Bailey :)

      Delete
  5. This book sounds and looks stunning! I will be checking it out.

    - Sam @ Falling Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, Sam! Hope you enjoy it, if/when you do!

      Delete
  6. Cover looks Ah-maze-ing! And it got me at Greek, lol (I'm a Greek fan, lol).
    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!!! I love it. And YUP, SAME! And thank you! :D

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful choice! Thanks for giving me my first look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DUDE! Awesome pick! I totally have never heard of it, but it looks fab! (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one does sound amazing. I haven't read her previous book but since you loved it I will have to check it out. Great WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Thanks so much for sharing this one! It sounds really great, and the whole Greek thing made it for me :D

    Top 10 Debuts I'm Looking Forward To
    Waiting on Wednesday
    New Meme: Cover Love Mondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! That's awesome! I'll be sure to check ut your new memes! :)

      Delete
  12. I love this cover and can't wait for it. Not a long wait now. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am SO SO SO excited to read this book!! Great choice this week :)

    Thanks for stopping by my waiting on Wednesday and sorry for the late response!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!