Friday, January 18, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday (#2)

 
The Feature & Follow is a creative meme that allows bloggers to get to know each other, and gain more followers! It is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.
 
If you would like, it would be great if you followed me via Email, GFC, or Linky (all on the right). Let me know in the comments if you did, leave a link to your blog, and I will comment and follow back! I always do, I promise! Thank you so much!
 
Q:Who is your favorite villain from a book?
 
This one is almost a no-brainer for me. There is one villain that really sticks out - the Darkling from Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. This is not an endorsement for Team Darkling. I'd rather Alina end up with neither male character, but I am leaning towards Mal, because readers know next to nothing about the Darkling.
 
The Darkling doesn't always seem like a villain. At first, yes, he does, because he takes Alina. But, then it seems like he's her friend, and she depends on him. I love the quality of mystery about him. Despite the end of Shadow and Bone, I am kind of still on his side, because his motives, well, I understand them. But that's the thing with villain - they think they're the hero of their story.
 
What about you? :)

33 comments:

  1. Great pick! I love it :D

    New follower

    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/01/feature-and-follow_18.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw a few seem to be saying this one. Need to get to reading this series!
    New follower.
    My FF :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I haven't read that one yet but I've heard a ton of people loved it! So I bet the villains are awesome. Hope you have a happy Friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Darkling sure does sound interesting.
    The only villian that I can think of right now are all tv based. I am loving Hook right now on Once Upon a Time.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girlllll I don't watch OUAT, but I know EXACTLY what you mean (I may or may not have Googled "Hook" when I kept seeing everyone talk about him obsessively). Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Haven't read that one yet, great answer though!

    Here's my FF: www.best-of-ya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen the Darkling in a couple of answers today. I still haven't read these books! I really want to, though.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. You should definitely read Shatter Me if you already have it. It's soooo good. =)
    Megan @ Love, Literature, Art, and Reason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Shatter Me (got it for Christmas!), but havent gotten to it yet. I will though! :D

      Delete
  7. oh yea! thank you for sharing! i was having a major brain fart on what i wanted to add to my TBR pile and this was it!

    where in MD are you from?

    New follower!

    Trish - my follow friday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for following Imagine a World! I followed you back via GFC.
    Great answer. I haven't read that book, but I love villains who are also heroes. They are so intriguingly complex :)

    Farrah @ Imagine a World

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read this yet, but it's on my TBR :) Thanks for stopping by my my FF post earlier, I am following you back via Linky.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice pick!! :) New follower via GFC looking forward to stopping by often :)

    Here is my FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read Shadow And Bone yet, hope to get to it soon. Thank you for stopping by and following, I returned the favor :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic pick! I absolutely love The Darkling. This was me reading Shadow and Bone:

    First Half: The Darkling is evil, and I love him.
    The next 1/4: Wow, The Darkling is REALLY Evil and I REALLY love him.
    LAST 1/4: OMGDARKLINGOMGDARKLINGOMGDARKLINGOMGDARKLINGOMGDARKLING.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post, passing on through :)
    New follower would appreciate the follow back.

    Many Thanks,
    ~Marie
    Co-Owner/Founder and Blogger of Lunar Haven
    Lunar Haven FF post

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a good pick! definitely a great villain!

    thanks for stopping by my blog, new follower here :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh! I have no idea why but the Darkling completely slipped my mind :P
    new GFC follower:
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read Shadow and Bone yet :(

    following you back.
    Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!