Thursday, January 17, 2013

Swoon Thursday (#3): Venom by Fiona Paul

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting
 
 
This week, my swoon is from Venom by Fiona Paul - which I am reading for the Venom Readalong!
 
Venom (Secrets of the Eternal Rose, #1)
 
The swoon:
 
She pressed her lips to his, surprised by her own bravery, emboldened by the way his body responded to hers. They fell back deeper into the boat, its creaky wooden sides offering privacy in the already dark night. He kissed her harder, his tongue exploring her lips and mouth in circles. The small boat rocked underneath her, swaying with the gentle current of the canal. The wweight of his chest pressed down on her ribcage, her hipbones pressed against his, even through the many layers of garments she wore.
 
- ARC, pages 238-239
 
 
I'M STOPPING THERE BECAUSE I'M NOT TELLING WHO THAT WAS! Unless you've already read the book, and then you know ;)
 
What made you swoon this week?
 
 

34 comments:

  1. Venom is on the way to me right now!! Now, and I am so excited about it. And I am getting ready to find out who that was! Yeah, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yay!!! I hope you enjoy it!!! I'm not quite finished - but I'm sure you and I will love it! :)

      Delete
  2. What a great swoon! I have no clue who it is!

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read this series, just haven't picked it up. It sounds good!!!!
    Here's my swoon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you're so cruel to stop there Alyssa lol! I need to put this book on my TBR list! Love that swoon! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED THIS BOOK SO SO MUCH! It quickly became a favorite of mine and that was a great moment!

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAYY!!! I love hearing people say they loved or liked the book that I'm currently reading - it's a good sign!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)

      Delete
  6. Yummy!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really good swoon!

    Here's My Swoon!

    Catarina
    @Reading and Things

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great SWOON! I'll have to pick this book up sometime.

    My SWOON: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2013/01/swoon-thursday-33-poison-princess.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice one, I have not read this yet. (will look into it, not sure if its my kind, meaning Paranormal)
    I am a new follower too,

    YA Swoon Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not paranormal, but it's a great historical read so far! I think you should check it out :)

      Thanks!

      Delete
  10. Great swoon, makes me want to pick it up.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great! :D I really should read this book! It's on my TBR pile like forever! :/

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your choice of excerpt Alyssa Susanna! Enticing and provocative. You should work in PR :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Fiona! And PR - something to consider in the future :D

      Delete
  13. Great Swoon! I'll have to read the novel to find out who it was. ;)

    My Swoon

    Kelsey @ Ketch’s Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Swoon! I haven't read Venom yet, but I have the ARC! I'm motivated now! LOL I look forward to exchanging Swoons! I'm following you via GFC now :)




    Here's mine:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/01/swoon-thursday-1.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh man!! Great swoon!! Will have to add it to my TBR list!!

    Thanx for visiting my SWOON!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!