Thursday, September 24, 2015

Swoon Thursday (#139): Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin!


He was going to kiss her again. She could see it in the slight five-degree tilt of his head, in the way he drew closer. 

What did it matter? The sun was shining and not everything was a lie.

In less than forty-eight hours she was never going to see him again.

Couldn't she just have this? A Feeling that wasn't sadness or anger or guilt or weight? A good-bye that wasn't all tears and silence and screaming?

He leaned into her. She let him.

This kiss was much like the last, with the world moving around them and his lips telling a story to hers. It tasted like one of the Greeks' epic poems: Warring. Heroic. Vast. Full of so many loves and births and deaths. 

- ARC, pages 329-330




I LOVED this book! Alternate historical fiction novel, and a truly good one!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that line "with his lips telling a story to hers". It sounds like such a sweet kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, what an intriguing kiss! I really need to finish some of the books I'm halfway into and start this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that is one amazing kiss! Thanks so much for sharing, Alyssa :)

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, this book was precious. <3 Love the swoon. I just want to re-read it right away, ever since I read it last week, lol. But will wait for hardcover at least. Yeah. But ugh. So good :D Gorgeous post Alyssa. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It was lovely! Your review was great. Thank you so much, Carina!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!