Thursday, September 3, 2015

Swoon Thursday (#136): The Immortal Heights by Sherry Thomas

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Immortal Heights by Sherry Thomas!


"Kiss me."

He took a pretty glass jar from the cabinet. The jar was filled with sweets. He opened the jar and held it out toward her. "Try one."

She put a green-striped bonbon in her mouth. And when he kissed her, the bonbon melted with a burst of freshness: mint, basil, and a hint of silver moss. But it was he who made her pulse race: his hands in her hair, the sinew of his arms beneath her fingertips, the scent of Pears soap that  still clung to his hair and skin.

- ARC, pages 125-126




I love this series so much! Quite possibly one of my favorite series ever. Catch my review of The Immortal Heights on Sunday!

20 comments:

  1. Interesting kiss. I don't know this book but I sure do like the cover.
    Thanks for stopping by my Swoon.
    Hope you enjoy what's left of the week.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is lovely! This is historical fantasy, novel sure if it's your thing, Marilyn! But it's an awesome series nonetheless. :D

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, kisses with chocolate! Swoony AND yummy!
    I really need to start this series! Might be my September Alyssa Recommends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT!? The perfect combination! And um, YUP, it's decided. You MUST start this series, Pili!

      Delete
  3. I still need to read this one, but that is certainly swoony!!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! Definitely just swooned girl! I love your excitement over the book and can tell you ADORE THEM. ♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Job well done, in my opinion. ;) Than you so much, Keionda!

      Delete
  5. Yay :D Gorgeous swoon Alyssa. <3 I loved this final book SO MUCH. Ugh. It was perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Totally agree, Carina. So glad you loved it!

      Delete
  6. Oh, this makes me excited to read this! I haven't been looking forward to it as much as my other review copies, but this swoon reminds me what a great romance this series has. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had it for a while, so I know what you mean. Since I'd gotten it months ago, I've been terrified of reading it! Glad to see others enjoy it though, that has helped my anxiety. :D

      Delete
  7. I LOOOVE this series so much and I loved how it all wrapped up! This book definitely had my shipper heart all happy! :) Love the swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is certainly high praise! I enjoyed reading book 1 but haven't read the sequel yet. Thanks for sharing the swoon :)

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must, Zareena! I hope you enjoy the rest of the series. :D

      Delete
  9. Did you love it or did you love it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... I haven't finished it, so, neither!? D: It was scheduled for review today (Tuesday the 8th), but I am an epic fail with blogging + school right now. I WILL FINISH SOON. :O

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!