Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (#191): Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton
Book Two of the Rebel of the Sands series
Publisher: Viking
Publication Date: March 7, 2017

Summary (from Goodreads):

Mere months ago, gunslinger Amani al'Hiza fled her dead-end hometown on the back of a mythical horse with the mysterious foreigner Jin, seeking only her own freedom. Now she's fighting to liberate the entire desert nation of Miraji from a bloodthirsty sultan who slew his own father to capture the throne. 

When Amani finds herself thrust into the epicenter of the regime—the Sultan's palace—she's determined to bring the tyrant down. Desperate to uncover the Sultan's secrets by spying on his court, she tries to forget that Jin disappeared just as she was getting closest to him, and that she's a prisoner of the enemy. But the longer she remains, the more she questions whether the Sultan is really the villain she's been told he is, and who’s the real traitor to her sun-bleached, magic-filled homeland.

Forget everything you thought you knew about Miraji, about the rebellion, about djinni and Jin and the Blue-Eyed Bandit. In Traitor to the Throne, the only certainty is that everything will change.




Who isn't waiting for this book? I can't wait! It's really cheap on Amazon right now. =)

43 comments:

  1. That blurb just gave me goosebumps. What if everything we were told in the first book was wrong? That would be evil.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blah! Typed the wrong comment! LOL! SOOOO cannot wait to read this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see the cover! I still need to read book one but I know so many bloggers who love Rebel of the Sands, I need to try to catch up before March:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM SCARED when it comes to this book. The whole traitor thing especially. I hope it doesn't turn out that Jin is a traitor because that will make me VERY SAD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the first book in this series. Hope you love this one once you grab a copy! :)
    My W.O.W

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for this book too!! And I hear it's longer than REBEL :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read Rebel.......... Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm this seems to be getting lots of good buzz. Sounds like a great fantasy- plus djinnis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I CANNOT WAIT! I finished Rebel a few months ago and I am so ready for the next one!

    My WOW: http://papercutsya.blogspot.com/2016/08/wow-82416.html
    Sam @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard so much about this one! I have Rebel of the Sands but I still haven't read it! I hope you love book two! :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course I'm waiting for this book. I hope we both enjoy reading it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still have Rebel of the Sands waiting for me on my kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the first one on my tbr and can hopefully read it soon. So this is great news - thanks for sharing. Have a fabulous week and hope you enjoy your books.
    best wishes
    Vi @ Gone With The Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's exciting to have a follow-up novel, right? I hope you enjoy this one and the first book, Vi!

      Delete
  14. Oh, yes. I can't wait. And the blurb makes me.. :O I hope we both love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah! I still need to read the first one. I really need to get on that before this one comes out. I hope you love it!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you are missing out! Rectify that immediately! :D

      Delete
  16. I haven't read the first one yet, I really need to do that asap! I really have no excuse, I won a HC from Penguin shortly before it was released! Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah! Congrats on winning a hardcover copy! Isn't it shiny and pretty? You too, Denise!

      Delete
  17. YESSSS!! So excited for this one because I soooo loved Rebel!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pick! I still need to get to Rebel of the Sands first, but I hope to do so soon :) Hope you'll enjoy this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read it! Thank you, Lindsey. <3

      Delete
  19. Ahh, yess :D I'm also super excited about this one. And no love triangle has been promised for the main characters :D Eee. I am so excited. <3 Hope you will love this one sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaasss, no love triangle is good! Of course, there are other ways the author can ruin the romance, but hopefully she doesn't ruin it. ;D Thank you! You too, Carina. ^_^

      Delete
  20. Great choice. I haven't read the first book yet but I feel like I need to. Thanks so much for sharing. Have a great week.
    My Wow 

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't read the first book yet, but yeah, I want to read this book! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!