Thursday, August 11, 2016

Swoon Thursday (#185): The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron!


I have no idea how to kiss someone. I lean down, and very gently touch my lip to his. I don't want to drown him. He is floating so still now, eyes closed, bobbing just a little in the waves from the waterfall. I bring one of my hands out of the water, put my palm on his chest like I did before, run my hand over the skin that is now water-slicked, up to his neck, thumb across his jaw to the back of his head. I hear his intake of breath, I lean down again, put my mouth on his.

This time he brings an arm up to hold me there, goes more vertical in the water while he pulls me in. I may not know how to kiss someone, but Gray does. His lips are soft and his mouth is warm, one hand keeping us afloat, the other twisted into my hair. I didn't know I could feel so sought after. Needed. He tugs on my hair to tilt up my chin, kisses my neck down to where the water meets my shoulder. I cradle his face and he kisses my mouth again, soft and then hard, and I hold his head, do not let him stop. I'm not sure that we can stop until he breaks from lips and puts his forehead on mine. We breathe each other's air.

- ARC, pages 186-187




I loved this book so much! I highly recommend everyone check it out. =)

10 comments:

  1. I sooooo loved this part and our dear main couple and the whole damned book!! *sigh* I feel like re-reading soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAAAASSSSS! I definitely reread it already!

      Delete
  2. This book wasn't really in my radar but now I'm definitely intrigued! Thanks for sharing, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God!!!! I want to read this book SO MUCH! I'm even more excited now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh Swwwoooonnnnn I absolutely love this scene great post my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw :D I think I like this swoon a lot. <3 YAY. Thank you for sharing Alyssa :D Just wishing I could read this book now. Hmph :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was PERFECT! I think you should give the book a chance. ;)

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!