Welcome to Week Seventeen of Sweet Talk with the Sweet Sixteens! To see more details about Sweet Talk as well as previous posts, see the introduction post. Thanks to Charlene (Bookish Whimsy), for designing the banner and button for Sweet Talk.
Today, I'm featuring the authors and books publishing during the week of April 26th!
1. Describe your debut novel in sixteen words.
2. Pitch your book! For fans of _____, _____ meets _____, etc.
3. What are you working on now – is it related to your debut novel?
Sarah Alexander, Author of The Art of Not Breathing
1. It’s a story about absences, grief, breathing, secrets, family, love and the immense power of water.
2. My publishers pitched it as ‘E. Lockhart’s WE WERE LIARS meets Judith Guest’s ORDINARY PEOPLE’ which is awesome. Fans of Jandy Nelson and Laurie Halse Anderson might like it too. Anyone who likes stories that are a little bit sad but hopeful too.
3. I’m working on another standalone YA Contemporary novel. It’s about fear – both being afraid and being fearless, and parts of it are set in India. I’m very excited about it!
(Click on the cover to go to Goodreads!)
Other Sweet Sixteens Books Publishing This Week:
The Art of Not Breathing is actually the only one!
- Signed hardcover of The Last Great Adventure of the PB&J Society
- ARC of Don't Get Caught
- Dig Too Deep swag
- Future Shock swag
- South of Sunshine swag
- My Kind of Crazy swag
- Fear My Mortality swag
- Finished copy of Xander and the Lost Island of Monsters
- Tell Me Three Things swag
- My Seventh-Grade Life in Tights swag
- Finished copy of Treasure at Lure Lake
- Crossing the Line swag
- The Last Fifth Grade of Emerson Elementary swag
- Finished copy of Consider
- Emerge swag
- ARC of The Art of Not Breathing