Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (#17): All Our Pretty Songs by Sarah McCarry


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:

All Our Pretty Songs

All Our Pretty Songs by Sarah McCarry
Book One of a trilogy
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Publication Date: July 30, 2013

Summary (from Goodreads):

The first book in an exciting YA trilogy, this is the story of two best friends on the verge of a terrifying divide when they begin to encounter a cast of strange and mythical characters.

Set against the lush, magical backdrop of the Pacific Northwest, two inseparable best friends who have grown up like sisters—the charismatic, mercurial, and beautiful Aurora and the devoted, soulful, watchful narrator—find their bond challenged for the first time ever when a mysterious and gifted musician named Jack comes between them. Suddenly, each girl must decide what matters most: friendship, or love. What both girls don’t know is that the stakes are even higher than either of them could have imagined. They’re not the only ones who have noticed Jack’s gift; his music has awakened an ancient evil—and a world both above and below which may not be mythical at all. The real and the mystical; the romantic and the heartbreaking all begin to swirl together, carrying the two on journey that is both enthralling and terrifying.

And it’s up to the narrator to protect the people she loves—if she can.



Okay. It's no secret that I HATE love triangles. You're probably wondering: why should I torture myself? Well, I like how I know upfront that there will be a love triangle. I have a feeling that I might enjoy this book, even though it's not something I would usually pick up.

Also, isn't it fascinating that we have no idea that from the summary, we have no idea what the narrator's name is? Hmm...

So, what has you drumming your fingers anxiously? :)

22 comments:

  1. OOh interesting! Haven't heard of this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time I see this one. I just LOVE the cover!! And the synopsis is awesome too.

    Sapir @ Diary of a Wimpy Teen Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH! I'm glad this is your first look! The cover is so gorgeous, and the synopsis is an added incentive! I hope you get the chance to read it :)

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've heard of this one yet. Sounds interesting though.

    Check out My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one on my tbr and I can't wait to read it! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like an awesome read! I havent heard of it before!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you decide to read it when you can! ^_^

      Delete
  6. This one just recently popped up on my radar. It does look really good and I love the vines on the cover. I don't usually go for triangles, either, but I'm willing to give this one a try.
    my WoW @Natflix&Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover is gorgeous! And this does sound like a great read!
    My WOW

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thos sounds so cool, and I live the cover. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha Hey Alyssa! I love meeting people with the same name :)

    This sounds soo cool! I love that you don't know who the narrator is, it adds such a mysterious element. I'm really interested in this one. Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :) You've got a new follower for sure!

    Alyssa @ Swept Away By Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH!!! *waves*

      Thank you so much! I just KNEW Alyssa's are the best :D

      Delete
  10. I'm curious about this one because I'm not entirely sure what to expect from it. It seems like there are so many different elements at play... I hope it works well!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!