Thursday, April 25, 2013

Swoon Thursday (#15): Pretty Dark Nothing by Heather L. Reid

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting

Err, sorry I missed last week! But I have one this week. Check it out!


This week, my swoon is from Pretty Dark Nothing by Heather L. Reid!



"Two pools of golden green looked into the depths of her eyes, and her breath caught in her chest. 'Every time I get close to you, you push me away. I wanted to have one night, one second where I didn't think about you.' And then his lips were on hers. She rocked with the fierceness of his kiss, and she kissed him back, twining her hands through his dark, her heartbeat outracing hers. He pulled his mouth from hers, cupped the back of her next, and pulled her forehead to meet his until they were eye to eye."

- eARC, 50%

Check out my review for this book HERE.

Check out my interview with Heather and enter to win a signed copy of the book HERE.

Request it on NetGalley HERE.

I really liked this book! I did not expect the romance in this book to be so significant, because it seemed like a horror paranormal book to me, but the romance is huge! Works for me!

So, what made you swoon this week?

31 comments:

  1. I've got this from Netgalley but was pushing it around a little. Well, I guess I really need to pick this up now. Thanks a lot for sharing!
    My Swoon, and there's also a 100 Followers Giveaway running on my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I believe it is still there on NetGalley! I hope you like it, if you read it :)

      Delete
  2. That was a great swoon Alyssa! I did like that scene! :)

    My Swoon

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this book, but I'll have to now after reading that scene...it sounds really good!

    My Swoon @ The Reading Realm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! I hope you enjoy it :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read this book, but I'll have to now after reading that scene...it sounds really good!

    My Swoon @ The Reading Realm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this book, but I'll have to now after reading that scene...it sounds really good!

    My Swoon @ The Reading Realm

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was an awesome swoon! Deff put this book on my radar!

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it when the hero presses his forehead o the heroine. Lovelie swoon.

    Have a great week.
    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome swoon! Really loved it, I'll have to check out this book. Sounds really good.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seen this book at Netgalley, but couldn't make my mind up on to get it or not. I think I'll go back and get it after that swoon! Love romance! :) Great swoon Alyssa!

    My swoon: The Love Game by Emma Hart
    http://iheartyabooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/ya-bound-swoon-thursday-its-getting-hot.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get it, and enjoy it! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  10. That got my pulse racing! Great choice, Alyssa :-)

    Check out MY SWOON

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great swoon. Love the eyes!!

    Thanx for visiting my SWOON!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great swoon! I love eyes, especially!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    My Swoon from Of Silver and Beasts and Destiny’s Fire by Trisha Wolfe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alyssa, Love your Swoon! I can feel the chemistry between the two characters! This is my type of story! I can't wait to check out your review :)

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's very obvious throughout the book. I hope you get to read the book soon!

      Delete
  14. I haven't heard of this one but it seems great! Great choice I will have to check this one out soon. Great swoon. Thank you for stopping by and commenting! 8)

    Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to read it soon! My pleasure, Reese!

      Delete
  15. Oh this is a great swoon! I just added it to my TBR list!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Annie @ Tar Heel Bibliobabe

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!