Thursday, April 12, 2018

Swoon Thursday (#272): Altered by Jennifer Rush


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Altered by Jennifer Rush!


His hand went to my waist as his eyes met mine.  His fingers found bare flesh beneath the hem of my T-shirt. Every nerve ending in my body thrummed in response.

"Sam," I said, though I couldn't pull together the rest of what I wanted to say, all the things I should have said.

He leaned in and brushed his lips against mine, feather-light at first, then more eager. My heart thundered as he exhaled, like he'd been holding the air in his lungs for far too long.

My hands walked up his biceps as his fingers threaded through my hair, sending ribbons of heat down to my skull. He pressed into me as it he couldn't get close enough, and I pressed back. Because I wasn't close enough. Because I'd spent the last several years of my life wishing I could be closer.

- Finished copy, page 224




I was rereading this book this week, and couldn't help but share a swoon from it. This is one of my favorite books of all time. =)

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I've had this book on my TBR for YEARS and still haven't read it! I feel much shame. D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember around the time this book was released that I was determined to purchase it but somehow I never did. So swoon-worthy, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This series has been on my list forever. I really need to get on the stick and read it. Great swoony quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to get this the other day, it is on Book Outlet so next time I make an order going to make sure it makes it into my cart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew, definitely a swoony moment right here. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eee, swooon :D It has been so long since I read this book.. gosh. I must re-read one of these days, so that I can read the next two books, which I do own :D I don't remember a single thing from this book, haha. But so glad it's still a favorite of yours. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!