Happy Tuesday! Today I've decided to participate in Top Ten Tuesday, formerly hosted by Jamie at The Broke and the Bookish, now hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl.
Today's topic is:
Today I'd like to give my top ten reasons why I'm thankful for the bookish community, and books in general.
10. I love the sense of community that the online bookish community has. It's not always perfect, and sometimes you can feel isolated, but I love the community.
9. I love the easy access to so many great reading-related resources. For example, are you looking for books with a certain kind of representation in YA lit? There's probably a list for that.
8. I love learning about upcoming publications. I would not know of nearly as many YA and adult romance novels without the bookish community!
7. I feel more in touch with authors. If I wasn't a part of the online bookish community, I probably wouldn't follow authors online. Simple as that!
6. I've been able to work with publishers and other bookish professionals. This has been a really rewarding part of my blogging hobby. I've been able to work with professionals and that's exciting to me, even if I'm not working in the industry.
5. I've been able to participate in promo/street teams for authors, which are always fun. I wish I had more time to do these things nowadays, but I loved doing them in the past. Some of the tasks were creative and fun!
4. I've attended more author events than before I was blogging. I never knew of many author events before I started blogging. And now I've been to so many different tours and events!
3. I've explored different bookshops because of tours and events, which is something I might not have done otherwise!
2. I've met so many amazing bloggers and readers, either in person or online. I love my bookish friends!
1. I've discovered so many new favorite books, thanks to the bookish community. Both backlist and pre-pub!
Thank you, readers! Thank you for making blogging so worth it.