Hello all! I'm excited to be participating in the blog tour for The Storyteller! This is the third and final book of the Sea of Ink and Gold series. I'm sharing my favorite things about the series below!
About The Storyteller:
The Storyteller by Traci Chee
Book Three of the Sea of Ink and Gold series
Publisher: Penguin Young Readers Group
Publication Date: November 13, 2018
Sefia is determined to keep Archer out of the Guard's clutches and their plans for war between the Five Kingdoms. The Book, the ancient, infinite codex of the past, present and future, tells of a prophecy that will plunge Kelanna in that bloody war, but it requires a boy--Archer--and Sefia will stop at nothing to ensure his safety. The Guard has already stolen her mother, her father, and her Aunt Nin. Sefia would sooner die than let them take anymore from her--especially the boy she loves.
But escaping the Guard and the Book's prophecy is no easy task. After all, what is written always comes to pass. As Sefia and Archer watch Kelanna start to crumble to the Guard's will, they will have to choose between their love and joining a war that just might tear them apart. Full of magic, suspense, and mystery, Traci Chee brings her Sea of Ink and Gold trilogy to a close in this spellbinding final installment.
Check out the series:
(Click on the covers for more information!)
About the Author:
Traci Chee is an all-around word geek, she loves book arts and art books, poetry and paper crafts. She studied literature and creative writing at the University of California, Santa Cruz, and earned a master of arts degree from San Francisco State University. Traci grew up in a small town with more cows than people, and now feels most at home in the mountains, scaling switchbacks and happening upon hidden highland lakes. She lives in California with her fast-fast dog. The Speaker is the second book in the Sea of Ink and Gold trilogy that began with The Reader.
Favorite Things About the Series:
Originally I was planning to share some of my favorite quotes, but there are so many! So I'm going to share some of my favorite general aspects of the series.
1. The covers. I couldn't not say something about the covers! I love how beautiful they are. And I love the diverse representation. Penguin has been slaying recently!
2. Hidden messages. I loooooooove books that contain hidden messages. Now, I'm usually pretty good with hidden messages, but not always! Last year, Traci played a little Easter Egg game on Twitter, in which followers would tweet page numbers and she would tell them if they were close to an Easter Egg ("hot") or not. This opened my eyes to several Easter Eggs that I didn't catch! This series is totally worth reading, for the hidden messages and Easter Eggs alone!
3. The added form of the books. This is neat - there are blood splatters and lines blotted-out and things like that. Kind of like what you'd see in Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, but not quite metafiction. I mentioned that this series has great hidden messages, but I also like how there is art/form to the books too, like the ink/blood splatters and blotted-out lines.
4. The interconnecting timelines. I'm actually usually not a fan of multiple timelines being presented in a story. It gets confusing really quickly, and/or boring if you're not interested in one of the timelines. But I LOVED how Traci wrote this, particularly in book one. It was some masterful storytelling.
5. It's a series of books, about books! I love books about books. Like Rachel Caine's The Great Library series. And Fahrenheit 451. And Traci Chee's Sea of Ink and Gold series (this one!). Traci has talked about how this series is a love letter to books. Read her thoughts HERE!
Enter the information into the form below with the chance to win 1 of the 3 Signed Hardcovers of The Storyteller with a Surprising Swag Pack. This Storyteller Sweepstakes will run from 10/22/2018 through 11/23/2018 and 3 USA winners will be chosen at random.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter between October 22, 2018 and November 22, 2018. Open to US residents, 18 and older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.