Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday (#297): We Rule the Night by Claire Eliza Bartlett


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


We Rule the Night by Claire Eliza Bartlett
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: April 2, 2019

Summary (from Goodreads):

Two girls use forbidden magic to fly and fight--for their country and for themselves--in this riveting debut that's part Shadow and Bone, part Code Name Verity.

Seventeen-year-old Revna is a factory worker, manufacturing war machines for the Union of the North. When she's caught using illegal magic, she fears being branded a traitor and imprisoned. Meanwhile, on the front lines, Linné defied her father, a Union general, and disguised herself as a boy to join the army. They're both offered a reprieve from punishment if they use their magic in a special women's military flight unit and undertake terrifying, deadly missions under cover of darkness. Revna and Linné can hardly stand to be in the same cockpit, but if they can't fly together, and if they can't find a way to fly well, the enemy's superior firepower will destroy them--if they don't destroy each other first.

We Rule the Night is a powerful alternate-history fantasy about sacrifice, complicated friendships, and survival despite impossible odds.



Isn't this cover amazing? I saw it yesterday and knew I had to feature the book. It sounds fantastic!

12 comments:

  1. Nice! This one sounds familiar, at least title wise! Hope you love it once you get to read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I love the look of this cover! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um I need this book like now. That cover is stunning and it sounds amazing!

    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this yesterday on twitter as well! This cover is amazing! It's probably my favorite so far that I have seen this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cover! And the story sounds exciting😊 Thanks for sharing, Alyssa😁

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a spectacular cover and the plot sounds intriguing too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! This sounds fabulous. I hadn't heard of it.

    Happy Wednesday, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This doesn't sound like something I would normally read, but I hope you enjoy it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my god this sounds amazing! Forbidden magic, "disguised herself as a boy", special women's military flight unit, alternate-history fantasy. 2019 has the best releases. OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Part Shadow and Bone, part Code Name Verity"? That's pretty ambitious! I'll probably wait for reviews to decide whether or not to read it, but wow, that is an awesome cover!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh sounds good and that cover is eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that cover is pretty :D But ahh, I am not the best at trying new books, haha ;) So I will see first if there are any reviews for this book by anyone I know, before I know if I want to read it, lol. <3 Hope you will love it lovely :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!