Friday, September 14, 2018

My Favorite Middle Grade Novels

Happy Friday, bibliovores! Today is another day in which I didn't feel like writing/posting a review, but did feel like posting something... so I'm doing another favorites post! You can check out my other favorites posts in a previous posts (for example). 

Here are some of my favorite Middle Grade novels, from my adolescent days! I no longer read Middle Grade but when I was young, from age 10 to a young teen, I used to love MG books. Keep in mind, this was around 2005 to 2008 or so. Here's my list!

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)  The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)  The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)  The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)
Fablehaven (Fablehaven, #1)  Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven, #2)  Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven, #3)
Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4)  Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, #5)
The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #1)  The Magician (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #2)  The Sorceress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #3)
The Necromancer  (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #4)  The Warlock (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #5)  The Enchantress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #6)
Magyk (Septimus Heap, #1)  Flyte (Septimus Heap, #2)
Revenge of the Witch (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #1)  Curse of the Bane (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #2)
Deltora Quest (Deltora Quest, #1-8)


My favorites were the Deltora books! There are several series within that world and I loved them all. I highly recommend them. I may need to do a reread!

5 comments:

  1. I think my favorite middle grade series (even though I think the characters were in high school?) was Avalon: Web of Magic & Quest of Magic. I absolutely adored that series- even though I could not find the last two books to actually complete the series. The Unfortunate Events was also a good series- yet kinda of sad lol.


    I rarely pick up Middle Grade books anymore, however there is one series that I will continue to read which is The Keeper of The Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger- it starts off in middle grade, but I think Books 5 &6 could count as younger YA books. I highly recommend this fantasy series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love MG books! And I actually really need to finish the PJ books. But I don't know if I'll get around to them this year. But I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loved Percy Jackson! I dont read MG much anymore but every now and then I'll pick one up for fun, I so want to read The Last Apprentice still.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Percy Jackson was a bit past me, though I have a friend that still read and loved them. I love MG still, though I don't read as much.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious.. you are SERIOUSLY MISSING OUT on not reading middle grade books, haha :D I have read all of the best ones, lol. <3 I do hope you will start reading them again soon :) And eee, I loved Percy Jackson too. Must re-read them all soon, so I can finally finish the newest books, haha :) Lovely list Alyssa. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!