Sunday, September 23, 2018

Review: Knight of My Dreams by Lynsay Sands


Knight of My Dreams by Lynsay Sands
Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: May 6, 2014
Rating: 4 stars
Source: Purchased paperback copy

Summary (from Goodreads):

Lady Alice knows she is not the type to entice a man. She's too voluptuous, too intelligent, too strong minded. Why, she even reads! But then Jonathan, Earl of Fairley, arrives at court. Tall, dark and handsome, the knight is any woman's dream. And he has just been ordered by the king to find a bride… and Alice is to help him!

Jonathan has been evading his mother's matchmaking schemes for years, so why does she insist that Lady Alice isn't for him? Alice is only to aid in his search for a bride, yet Jonathan can't help but be distracted by her glorious hair—the color of a sunset—and a figure that is like a lush berry about to burst to full ripeness… Has Jonathan fallen prey to love?

What I Liked:

This book was adorable and hilarious! I've read several of Lynsay Sands' books and I think this one is a favorite, definitely in the top three. I bought it on a whim, because I love a good knight/maiden story. It's a short story, and very entertaining!

Jonathan, Lord of Fairley, is a young but seasoned warrior who is not ready to get married. But when the king orders him to get married in two weeks - or he (the king) will choose a bride for him - Jonathan knows he must do something. His mother has sent many suitable girls his way, but not Lady Alice, daughter of Lord and Lady Houghton, friends of his mother. According to his mother, Lady Alice is unsuitable... but after Jonathan meets her for the first time, he decides that she is anything but unsuitable, and he wants her. Is Lady Alice the one?

Such a cute romance story! Jonathan is your cliche tall dark and handsome knight, with many victories in battle, and a good reputation as a knight. Alice is your cliche sweet maiden, who is a little on the voluptuous side, something that Jonathan likes a lot. When the two meet, their connection is instant, but they don't fall in love right away. It takes a few more encounters, but soon, they can't get enough of each other. Much to Lady Fairley's chagrin - she is determined to match her son with someone else, and asks Alice to make a list of suitable eligible young ladies for Jonathan. 

This story has a little scheming in it, involving a rather meddlesome mother and a bumbling uncle. It's so funny! I was laughing and I was sighing at the cute romance. Jonathan and Alice are thrown together, and they can't deny their chemistry.

This book is so short, and there's only one steamy scene, but it's a good one! The building chemistry between the characters is really good. A finale steamy scene wouldn't have been a bad idea though!

The ending was great - a nice happily-ever-after. I liked this novella and definitely recommend it!

What I Did Not Like:

I wish this were longer! I think it was originally a novella so it wasn't intended to be long. But still! One more steamy scene wouldn't have hurt. *wink*

Would I Recommend It:

If you're looking for a quick romance read, this is a perfect one! It's cute, sweet, funny, and a little steamy. And pretty short, but not annoyingly so. The author constructed the story well. Plus, it's set in the 1500s, with a knight and a maiden! WIN!

Rating:

4 stars. This was a great novella! I'm glad I bought it on a whim. Plus the cover is fantastic. I want more medieval romance novels, especially involving an alpha knight and sweet maiden!


Was this review helpful? Please let me know in the comments section!

2 comments:

  1. I have actually read this a few years ago and really liked it as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for this being a great novella :D I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. And awesome that it is most likely your favorite by this author so far. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!