Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday (#295): The Hummingbird Dagger by Cindy Anstey


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


The Hummingbird Dagger by Cindy Anstey
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Publication Date: April 16, 2019

Summary (from Goodreads):

1833. After young Lord James Ellerby witnesses a near-fatal carriage accident on the outskirts of his estate, he doesn't think twice about bringing the young woman injured in the wreck to his family's manor to recuperate. But then she finally regains consciousness only to find that she has no memory of who she is or where she belongs. Her only clue to her identity is a gruesome recurring nightmare about a hummingbird dripping blood from its steel beak.

With the help of James and his sister Caroline, Beth—as she takes to calling herself—slowly begins to unravel the mystery behind her identity and the nefarious circumstances that brought her to their door. But the dangerous secrets they discover in doing so could have deadly ramifications reaching the highest tiers of London society.



I LOOOOOVE Cindy Anstey's books! This one sounds wonderful, as per her usual!

11 comments:

  1. Oh nice! That's a totally new to me one! Going to have to look up this author! It sounds like a creepy read and I'm already making guesses by this description alone! Lol!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this sounds awesome. I hadn't heard of it before but I think it needs to go on my to-read list now!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I've seen this, but wow it sounds so good! Thanks for sharing, Alyssa😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay enjoy!! That cover is striking

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this but that is a super interesting title.

    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep adding this author's books to my tbr, but I haven't read any of them yet! I don't know what's wrong with me. I hope you enjoy reading this, Alyssa.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great premise! And such a creepy dream, I wonder what it means. This is a new title and new publisher for me, I'm going to have to look into Swoon Reads :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anstey always does such a good job blending mystery and romance. This sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This cover looks so so very awesome :D Eee. I love it. And ohh! You already love this author? Awesome :D I hope you will love this one. <3 I'm curious about it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!