Thursday, August 16, 2018

Swoon Thursday (#290): Keeper of the Bees by Meg Kassel


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Keeper of the Bees by Meg Kassel!


"Shut up, Dresden." She dips her head. Her lips touch mine hesitantly.

My first instinct is to pull away, but this is my mouth. My lips.

I have one last lifetime to live. Just one.

I gently lean up and kiss her, giving her plenty of time and space to pull back. Instead, her hand fists in the front of my hospital gown and her mouth parts over mine. My fingers thread into her hair, and I breathe into this first kiss, for both of us. I close my eyes and melt into a euphoria I'd completely underestimated.

Her lips curve against mine. "You still taste like honey."

- Hardcover, page 288



This romance was slow-burn and worth it for the end! You have to understand a little bit of context when reading this swoon - Dresden has lived for decades and his face has shifted many times. It's a very cool concept and the story was great!

3 comments:

  1. Love that cover and I do like slow burning. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I was hoping to see Keeper of the Bees in Swoon Thursday so yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh :D I love this swoon. <3 Yay for enjoying this book a bunch :D I'm getting more and more curious about it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!