Sunday, August 26, 2018

My Favorite YA Boarding School Books

Hello, bibliovores! I haven't done a favorites post in a while so I'm posting one today! You can check out my other favorites posts in a previous posts (for example). 

Here are some of my YA boarding school novels! I LOVE the boarding school trope and really wish there were more in YA. Or perhaps there are many more, and I've not heard of them. Here's my list!

Haven (Winterhaven, #1)  The Midnight Dance  RoseBlood
Night School (Night School, #1)  Prep School Confidential (Prep School Confidential, #1)  Scion of the Sun
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)  The Hearts We Sold  Diplomatic Immunity
The Vault of Dreamers (The Vault of Dreamers, #1)  The Rule of Mirrors (The Vault of Dreamers, #2)  The Keep of Ages (The Vault of Dreamers, #3)


I especially LOVE boarding school romances, like RoseBlood or Night School. Hit me up with your best recs, please! The more romance, the better!

8 comments:

  1. Night School was fun. I liked those too. And the Vault of dreamers books *nods* I just read those recently. Have you tried Sanctuary bay? Highly recommend. Also The Paladin Prophecy (male protagonist but Elise was the BOMB) and Truly devious which was a trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that Roseblood was a boarding school book! That actually makes me want to pick it up sometime soon. I have read The Vault of Dreamers, and I really need to try out the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read Harry Potter from your list, but I do have Vault of Dreams to read at some point. I know I've read boarding school books, but I'm drawing a blank right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool list! There's a bunch of these that I have to check out, I need more boarding school books in my life.
    I have a couple suggestions:
    * Truly, Devious - YA Mystery
    * Every Heart a Doorway - boarding school for kids who come back to our world from magical lands.
    * In Other Lands - not exactly a traditional boarding school either, but... This one follows a kid who gets 'recruited' to attend a school with humans, elves, etc. He's hilarious and genre savy, and the romance is very cute.
    * The Secret History - group of students at elite boarding school go on downward spiral (Tbh I didn't like this one, but a lot of people love it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great series to add is Cast's HOUSE OF NIGHT and Mead's VAMPIRE ACADEMY and Carriger's FINISHING SCHOOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad RoseBlood is on your list. I rarely see it on anyone's blog and it's so very special to me! A YA boarding school series I loved was Vampire Academy and Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harry Potter is a classic. I still need to read The Midnight Dance, that cover is gorgeous!

    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  8. I.. am not a fan of schools in books at all, hahaha :D Though I have read a few that I liked. <3 But ohhh, I love love love that you love them :D YAY! Lovely list sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!