Thursday, August 15, 2013

Swoon Thursday (#31): Keeping Her by Cora Carmack

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Keeping Her by Cora Carmack!



Holy crap. This was really happening.

And I wasn't just a tourist. I was visiting with someone who'd grown up in the city. With my fiance


Take that, world.

"You look happier."

I pulled my head away from the window to find Garrick awake and staring at me. I gave a small squeal and launched myself at him. I locked our mouths together, and for a moment he sat still and shocked beneath me. Then his eyes closed, his hand cupped the back of my neck, and he kissed me so thoroughly that I almost forgot about London. Almost.

Author Blog | Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Kobo


Read my review HERE!

Not much of a SWOON swoon, but this particular scene was so hilarious and sweet and meaningful, it seemed to represent the book overall. 

22 comments:

  1. Great swoon! I loved Losing It. I'll be looking this one up.

    My Swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe!! This was a fun read, I really enjoyed it! Great swoon!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear! I sort of liked the book. This was a tender moment :D

      Delete
  3. It's always nice to seem someone's dream come true :-)

    MY SWOONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I'm so excited for Bliss! I'm starting this book today, and am so excited! My review is on monday, but after I write it, I'm coming back to read your review! Can't wait to see your thoughts on it! Thanks for visiting my Swoon!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Losing It. I need to get Faking It. Love this swoon, It's playful, sweet and beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU MUST! Faking It was great. I can't wait to read Finding It. HURRY UP AND APPROVE ME ON EDELWEISS, WM! ;)

      Delete
  6. I haven't read this series yet, but I've been meaning to. I've heard so many good things about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww that's a sweet swoony moment!! A good thorough kissing is always nice hehe :)

    Thanks for stopping by My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely swoon and so sweet. I love sweet swoons! There will come a day when I finally start this series!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That day had better come soon, Teresa! Haha, I'm kidding. But I really do hope you finish this series! I personally cannot wait to read Finding It :)

      Delete
  9. It's a happy swoon! :) And kind of adorable! lol

    Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, I loved this little novella! Bliss is freaking adorable! I love how clumsy she is. It makes her so much more believable! Great pick girl!

    Thanks for stopping by yesterday!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it, but I don't think I "liked" it. I think Bliss is full of excuses... but that's just me.

      You're welcome, Jess <3

      Delete
  11. Oh yes! Loved this book! I loved how Garrick cheered her up!!!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!