Friday, August 30, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday (#34)



The Feature & Follow is a creative meme that allows bloggers to get to know each other, and gain more followers! It is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.


If you would like, it would be great if you followed me via Email, Linky, Bloglovin, or Google+ (all on the right). I have no idea what's going on with GFC, so I'd prefer you follow me in a new manner. Let me know in the comments if you did, leave a link to your blog, and I will comment and follow back! I always do, I promise! Thank you so much!


If you could only have ONE – one book – for the rest of your life. Don’t cheat…what would it be?


That question is NEVER easy for us book nerds... but I have a got-to answer. Anytime someone wants me to recommend one book to them, I always start with this book:


Fire by Kristin Cashore. Trust me, you all. You WANT this book. I read it wayyyy before I was blogging, so I didn't review it, but I cannot recommend this book enough. It's high fantasy, with an awesome romance, strong yet vulnerable heroine, and kick-butt action. It doesn't feel like YA literature, in terms of the maturity, but it was sold as YA. It's a great crossover novel.



On a sad note, this will be my last Feature and Follow Friday post of the year of 2013. I can't say if I'll pick back up in 2014. But I feel like if I've hit my limit with Feature and Follow Friday. I don't get a lot of new followers from this meme. I don't even get a lot of comments anymore, whether I seek them out (i.e. leave comments on/follow other blogs and their FF posts on Fridays), or people comment on/follow my blog first.

Also, I have a ton of built-up reviews from reading so much this summer, and I hate that reviews of books I've read and reviewed in June are now being posted on my blog. Anything I read now will most likely be posted in November.

So, the first meme to go? The least helpful. Bye bye, Feature and Follow Friday! We had good times. But I've exhausted my benefits from this meme. It's time to part ways, and say goodbye. 

*waves*

Follow on Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. Nice! I disliked this question myself!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh huh... comments like these make me question whether or not you read the post.

      Delete
  2. One of my friend raved about the Graceling books. I'm not really a fan of high fantasy so I haven't read them, but it's always in the back of my mind that I should (and probably one day will).

    I know a lot of people schedule their posts well in advance, but I just couldn't do that. Like you, I don't like the idea of posts um, posting months after I've written them. It's just not right for me, at least not right now. You're starting college, though, so it's going to be a busy time for you and you shouldn't have to worry about your blog and trying to keep up with posting too. At least you have a nice backlog. Have fun!

    Jenna @ Rather Be Reading YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU NEED TO! Like, you have to.

      And yeah, because I read so, so much in the summer, I needed to get a lot of reviews out of the way. But I definitely need the scheduling!

      Delete
  3. Have you read Graceling, Alyssa? I really liked Fire, but I have a special place in my heart for Graceling and there's no way Fire could overtake it :) But I have yet to read Bitterblue! It's sitting on my shelf, staring at me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! I read Graceling first. I'm one of the rare ones that loved Fire more than Graceling. And I haven't read Bitterblue yet... oops? LOL! I have had a copy since May last yet. Need to get on that D:

      Delete
  4. I understand about leaving, I've been contemplating it myself. I haven't read Fire yet but I have it on my shelf, I just need to get unlazy and finally pick it up!

    Sorry to see you go! I know I don't comment very much but I do read what everyone says every week! It just takes so long to comment on top of it. I will still be watching your other posts!

    Here's my FF

    Amber @Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fire is amazing - if you read it, you'll probably love it.

      I understand! I just won't have time anymore. Thank you so much, Amber!

      Delete
  5. I've always been attracted to the cover art of this book XD


    Old bloglovin follower!

    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2013/08/feature-and-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel you Alyssa. I haven't been doing them either- mainly because I just don't have the time, but when I do, I don't feel I'm gaining a whole lot of new followers from it. This was a hard question- I never would have been able to choose, so PROPS to you for coming up with Fire. I have been trying to read this series for awhile now, but just haven't found the free time sadly. I am glad to know you enjoyed this one so much though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, like, I feel like it's not benefiting me anymore. And I hope you read Fire! It's such a great book :D

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!