Thursday, August 8, 2013

Swoon Thursday (#30): A Tale of Two Centuries by Rachel Harris

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from A Tale of Two Centuries by Rachel Harris!



A low growl is my only warning before Austin's hands thrust into my hair. "I warned you about playing with fire."

Breathlessly, I say, "And I told you I'm tired of being careful."

He nods once... and then his mouth crashes onto mine.

Firm lips devour me, and I drown in the rush of feeling. In all my late-night dreams of what this moment would be like, I never expected it could be like this. My body collapses, and one of his arms locks around me, smashing my chest against his.

My first kiss is not the slow, sweet buildup I witnessed between Cat and Lorenzo. This is aggressive. This is passionate. This is Austin.

The shocking sting of teeth biting into my lower lip causes me to gasp, and Austin uses it to drive his tongue into my mouth. My knees buckle. If it weren't for the splay of his hand on my lower back and the pressure of his fingers wrapped around the nape of my neck, I would sink to the sand.

- eARC, 59%



Read my review HERE!

Om nom nom AUSTIN!

27 comments:

  1. That certainly is one firey kiss. But she was warned. Great choice!

    My swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! And yes... she knew what she was getting herself into ;)

      Delete
  2. Woah!! I love an aggressive kiss like that!! Nice one!

    Here's My Swoons!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Bounces with excitement* OMG! OMG! I so can't wait to get my copy of ATOTC!! It was just ship yesterday! WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This swoon moment is very popular today and never gets old.

    Thanks for stopping by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum-my...I am definitely checking this one out!

    My Swoon @ Nevaeh's New Adult Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was hot! Great swoon

    Here's My Swoon!

    Catarina
    @Reading and Things

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swoon-tastic! Rachel knows how to write one hell of a swoon :-)

    MY SWOONS

    Enjoy, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a passionate Swoon! I think I need to read this series! Rachel sure knows how to write a steamy scene! Thanks for sharing Alyssa :)

    Here's my Swoon:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/08/swoon-thursday-30.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the second time I've seen this one! I'm a total fail for not having read the first book!

    My Swoon

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU ARE, VAL! This series is a must-read ;)

      Delete
  10. Oh that is so hot!!! I am in love! I really need to read these books like asap!!! Thank you so much for stopping by and I have to say you should definitely read Wallbanger ASAP I have to say it was hilarious.

    Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sincerely hope you do! Rachel's books are all awesome. And I'll have to get it, Sharrice! Sounds like a ringing endorsement :)

      Delete
  11. Gah, I'm waiting to get this one and My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century from Amazon. I so badly want to start this series! I love Rachel's writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HOPE IT COMES SOON! You'll love book one. And book two!

      Delete
  12. First swoon I have read for this one. Great pick!

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmm this swoon sounds familiar...hehe! I loved this scene so much, Austin is soooo yummy!! Rachel seriously knows how to bring the swoon factor :D

    Amy @ The Reading Realm

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmmmm! I loved this scene. Austin was seriously swoon-worthy in my book!

    Thanks for stopping by girl!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my that is a SWOON! I need to read this series. This Austin sounds yummy!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!