Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Sweet Talk with the Sweet Sixteens: July 5th


Welcome to Week Twenty-Seven of Sweet Talk with the Sweet Sixteens! To see more details about Sweet Talk as well as previous posts, see the introduction post. Thanks to Charlene (Bookish Whimsy), for designing the banner and button for Sweet Talk.


Today, I'm featuring the authors and books publishing during the week of July 5th!


The Questions:

1. Describe your debut novel in sixteen words.
2. Pitch your book! For fans of _____, _____ meets _____, etc.
3. What are you working on now – is it related to your debut novel?


The Authors:

Katie Kennedy, Author of Learning to Swear in America

1. Russian teen physicist combats asteroid, trying to preserve life on Earth/ create a life worth saving.

2. LEARNING TO SWEAR IN AMERICA is John Green meets Brian Greene.

3. I have another YA contemp/sci fi mashup coming out from Bloomsbury in 2017—WHAT GOES UP. It has different characters, but is similar in tone.

Follow Katie Kennedy: Website | GoodreadsTwitter
Find Learning to Swear in America: Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | The Book Depository


Claire Fayers, Author of The Voyage to Magical North

1. A legendary ship. An epic rivalry. A race to treasures untold. And tentacles - lots of tentacles.

2. Jules Verne meets Pirates of the Caribbean with magic.  And tentacles - did I mention the tentacles?

3. I'm working on the sequel, in which the intrepid crew of the Onion sail to the lost island of the west. There may be dinosaurs.

Follow Claire Fayers: Website | Goodreads | Twitter
Find The Voyage to Magical North: Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | The Book Depository


The Books:

  

(Click on the cover to go to Goodreads!)


Other Sweet Sixteens Books Publishing This Week:

These two are the only ones! =)


The Giveaway:

- Learning to Swear in America swag
- The Season swag
- The Killer in Me swag
- Gemini swag

10 comments:

  1. I am very interested in Learning to Swear in America. I love this concept of the double life, and armageddon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learning to Swear in America looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I mentioned a book that wasn't in the giveaway but I'm entering for this one too I hope that is okay? I'm hoping to win a cookbook for Gemini and would love the novel too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard a lot about Learning to Swear in America and it sounds fantastic! I hope I can read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gemini is definitely on my list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops!!! Gemini is not on this week! So I think I'll choose A Voyage to Magical North. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Voyage to Magical North is a new one for me.
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eee, as always, lovely post Alyssa :D And ohh! I actually have The Voyage to Magical North. <3 I'm reading it next. And I'm very excited about it :) SO GORGEOUS. And sounds awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm very excited to read Learning to Swear in America!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!