Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (#186): Starfall by Melissa Landers


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Starfall by Melissa Landers
Book Two of the Starflight series
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Publication Date: February 7, 2017

Summary (from Goodreads):

When Princess Cassia Rose fled her home world of Eturia to escape an arranged marriage to a bloodthirsty prince and prevent a coup, she had no idea her sudden departure would spark a war. Now after two years hiding as a lowly ship hand, she finally has the chance to return home and make peace, but not in the way she imagined. Shackled by bounty hunters, she is violently dragged back to account for her crimes. Her only solace is that the Banshee crew managed to evade capture, including Kane Arric, her best friend... with occasional benefits.

Meanwhile, Kane and the rest of the crew of the Banshee, including Solara and Doran, are planning a desperate rescue mission. But when they arrive on Eturia, they find Cassia ruling her home planet, having imprisoned the rogue prince who would have overthrown her family. Deep down, Kane knows that Cassia can't rule her world and be with the bastard son of a business man, but he's also sure she returns his feelings, and that makes the circumstances all the more painful. When the outer realms are threatened by the dangerous Zhang mafia, Cassia, Kane and the rest of the Banshee crew rally to protect the population from widespread enslavement. The reunion forces Cassia to consider who her true family is and if she can live without the boy who has been there for her through thick and thin.




I loved Starflight and cannot wait for this sequel! I've had such great success with Landers' YA books. =)

48 comments:

  1. What a pretty cover. I still need to get the first in this series. Hope you enjoy this installment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! Starflight is next on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I can't wait for this too, Alyssa. The first book was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read Starflight but I'm so super excited for it and this one as a companion sequel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you get the chance to binge-read the two, Pili! =)

      Delete
  5. OOoh nice! I still need to read her books!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All three published books of Landers are really great!

      Delete
  6. I am hoping that this is a duology so I can start it after this one.

    http://readingcave.blogspot.com/2016/07/waiting-on-wednesday-29-harry-potter.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is so sad, but I still haven't read any book by Melissa Landers, and I adore all her covers!
    I hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The covers of her books are fabulous! As are her books. :D

      Delete
  8. I still need to read this first book in this series! I hope you enjoy reading this one.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read the first book in this series, but I do like the cover a lot. Have a great week!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to read Starflight! I've heard such good things about it. I hope you love this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to start this series since I've loved the Alienated series so far! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Alienated series was excellent, but I think Starflight is my favorite Landers book so far. :D

      Delete
  12. I'm looking forward to this one too. Even though I haven't read the first one yet, I'm going to try and get to it soon. And I love this cover!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read Starflight! It was wonderful. ^_^

      Delete
  13. I hope you love this book when you get it. The covers for this series are really nice.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard of Starflight a couple of times and think I am going to have to fish it out of my TBR pile and at least stick it up a little higher on the list. Thanks for highlighting this one and thanks for stopping by my #WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! It was amazing. Thank YOU!

      Delete
  15. Such an awesome cover! I havent' heard of this series before either!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a copy of Starflight just waiting on my shelves but still haven't gotten around to reading it. Love the covers on both, though, and have heard good things!

    Thanks for stopping by NovelKnight!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really enjoyed Starflight so this book is definitely on my to-read list. That cover is gorgeous and the blurb sounds amazing as well, I can't wait to learn more about Cassia and Kane. Great pick for this week! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm very excited that this is Cassia/Kane's story. Hopefully it is epically swoony!

      Delete
  18. I love that cover! I've liked all of Melissa Landers' books that I have read; they're so fun! I haven't read Starflight, though. I'm glad to hear you loved it, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome! Girl, you haven't read Starflight?! It's her best yet!

      Delete
    2. It's something I'm ashamed of! I need to read it by the end of this year! :D

      Delete
    3. Get on that immediately! ;)

      Delete
  19. Yes Yes Yessss Awesome pick Alyssa I am desperately waiting for this one too come out as well! I totally love love love and enjoyed the first book that I really want this book in my hands like right now! haha lol :D Thank you for stopping by my WOW pick for this week Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OOOOH! I haven't read Starflight yet, but I'm DEFINITELY going to be getting my hands on it soon!

    Great pick Alyssa!

    Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really loved ALIENATED, but haven’t started on this series (or finished the other one...oops!). This one looks really good though! Hopefully I get to meet her at the Boston Teen Author Festival this year...she seems really awesome :D Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahh, yes :D I am pretty excited about this one too. SO PRETTY :D I really hope we will both end up loving it. <3 Gorgeous pick Alyssa :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!