Friday, July 1, 2016

Mid-Year Bookish Report

Hi bibliovores! Happy Friday! Happy July! For my fellow Americans, happy early Independence Day! I love three-day weekends.

No review today, sadly. I've had a terrible week, and I really just did not feel like reading, or reviewing. So I thought I'd have a little fun today!

We've reached the mid-year point! Like, pretty much exactly mid-year. So I'm going to do a reading check-in! How have I been doing, in reading? In reviewing? What have I been reading?

Here we go!


Number of books read (so far):

As of June 30th, ninety-three (93)!

Age level (so far):

40 Adult books.
2 New Adult books.
51 Young Adult books.

Average rating (so far):

3.75


Ratings (so far):

- Number of 1-star reviews: 3
- Number of 2-star reviews: 4
- Number of 3-star reviews: 13
- Number of 4-star reviews: 66
- Number of 5-star reviews: 7


Number of posts (so far):

Including this one, 280.


Favorite YA books (so far):



Favorite New Adult books (so far):



Favorite adult books (so far):



YA books publishing in the second half of the year that I can't wait to read:

(Some of these I have. But I've read none of these.)



Adult books publishing in the second half of the year that I can't wait to read:

(Some of these I have. But I've read none of these.)



Favorite book mail (so far):

All of them are so great! But probably my Fire and Graceling weeks. THIS was an exciting time!


Favorite Sweet Talk with the Sweet Sixteens post (so far):

The one from the week of April 5th -- all of the authors publishing that week participated! And there were so many of them. Fun!


Favorite Swoon Thursday (so far):


This was difficult, especially since Swoon Thursday is my favorite post of the week. But I LOVED Week #155's swoon, from The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury!


Favorite Science in Fiction post (so far):




And I think I'll wrap it up there! What do you all think of my mid-year status so far? What are some of your favorite books so far? 

24 comments:

  1. Wow, I can’t believe 2016 is going by so fast!! :O And I can’t wait to read so many of these books: REBEL OF THE SANDS, PS I LIKE YOU, and LOVE, LIES AND SPIES to name a few. I think THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN, THE REST OF US JUST LIVE HERE, ILLUMINAE, THE GIRL FROM EVERYWHERE and TELL ME THREE THINGS were my favourites so far. Can’t wait to see what the next half-year brings! Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I remember January like it was yesterday!

      Great choices! I hope you love them! And I should put Tell Me Three Things up there, it was fantastic.

      Thank you, and you too, Rabiah!

      Delete
  2. You are such an overachiever my girl (and I mean it as high praise!!) and put me to shame! Even if I've been doing very well with my reading, not so much with my keeping up with reviewing or the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try! Overachieving is a way of life. ;) And hey, remember that most of us started blogging as a hobby, secondary to reading. Reading is more important than the blog! :D

      Delete
  3. In a word - Wow! I realized we were at the 6 month period when the Hallmark Channel started talking about showing Christmas movies this month! I was reading Joyous Reads and nearly fainted when she told me she read 40 books, but my goodness - 93?! You go, girl! MY TBR Pile is is so massive, that I'm really behind. My total books read in June - 4! I remember years ago reading that many in a week. (lol) Happy Friday to you and love the report. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT?! Christmas movies in July? That seems crazy to me! o_o

      My TBR list scares me so I readreadread and it keeps the pile down. I just *see* how many books I have pending review and get overwhelmed! Mostly my fault, of course.

      Hugs to you too, Ro! =)

      Delete
  4. Wow, 93 books, amazing! I hope you have a better week next week, Alyssa. In any case, enjoy the 3 day weekend:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tammy! I definitely need this three-day weekend. :D

      Delete
  5. Bummer you had a bad week.

    Wowsers! Seeing your totals shows you've done fantastic especially since you were also a full-time student.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was rough! We'll see how the next week goes...

      Sometimes I'm surprised too! But I also know how much time and effort I invest in everything. And it's worth it!

      Delete
  6. I still need to read Undecided. I love Hoyt's series and looking forward to reading Duke of Sin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Duke of Sin is awesome! As is Undecided. =)

      Delete
  7. Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your week. I haven't been in much of a reading mood either, but that's probably....laziness. >.> And maybe just needing a break in the evenings after the internship. I'm amazed at how much reading you've done this year! Seriously, how do you make time for so many books? (I'm assuming you're a cyborg and don't need sleep. ^^)

    Hope next week goes better! Also, I'll be in down in the DC area in late July. Maybe we can meet up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, I feel you about needing a break on evenings! This past week, my reading practically stopped. I'm just so tired after I come back!

      Yup, we've been over this... I don't sleep. ;) It's legit!

      Thank you, Kel! PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN AND WHERE! I'll do my best, it would be awesome to meet you. :D

      Delete
  8. Oh the Deal is such a cute book. The humor is awesome. Highland Spitfire is an amazing book, I love Mary Wine. Sorry to hear this hasn't been a good reading week. It hasn't been very good for me either. Hopefully the weekend will change that. :) Hope next week is a better reading experience for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must read ALL the books this weekend! I'm on my way to finishing The Angel's Share by J.R. Ward. Happy reading to you too! =)

      Delete
  9. That is a lot of books to have read so far! We have a few of the same favorites (no surprise there) as well as a few of the same excited for ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you have read so many books so far. Kudos to you!!! 2016 is going by way too fast. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And time is really flying by, right? I wish it would slow down just a little. :o

      Delete
  11. Way to go with your reading so far this year! I MUST read The Night Circus, The Rose and the Dagger, Ink and Bone, Rebel of the Sands myself...so many books, so little time! I'm also very much anticipating Strange the Dreamer and Metaltown. Here's to a wonderful second half of 2016 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! All of those are great choices (and wonderful fantasy novels). Hopefully we both enjoy Strange the Dreamer and Metaltown. =)

      Delete
  12. Huuugs. <3 I hope you are doing better sweetest girl. And eee, you have had such an amazing year so far :D I have not read nearly that many books, haha :) Or that many blog posts. Ahhh. You are so so amazing for being able to read so much and post so much and yay :D You are the best Alyssa. <3 I hope this last half of the year will be amazing for you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has been a busy first half of the year! Let's see if I can keep it going in the second half. Thank you, Carina! I appreciate the kind words! <3

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!