Thursday, July 21, 2016

Swoon Thursday (#182): Splinter by Sarah Fine


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Splinter by Sarah Fine!



"Dammit, Mattie. I hate apologizing."

"Now there's a shocker."

"But I think I'm gonna have to do it again."

"Why?"

I gasped as is lip descended on mine. This kiss wasn't the soft, sweet touch I had felt in the tent; there was a strength to it, a command, that made me rise to my tiptoes and tilt my head back, offering him more. My fingers curled into his biceps, my fingernails digging into his skin as his tongue slid along mine. His arms were steel around me, one hand on my ribs, one clasping my chin, anchoring our mouths together. He was in charge, and I was totally good with that, because he was totally good at this.

When I reached up to slide my fingers into his hair, though, he caught my wrist and pinned it to my body, keeping me wrapped up tight. Contained. Tied up just like he'd tied me to that cot tonight. Under his control. And instead of being disappointing, it was somehow more erotic, frustration and curiosity and trepidation and need all mixing together, melting my insides with its heat. I could feel his growing arousal pressed against my back. I craved each second of it.

- eARC, 36%




I enjoyed this sequel much more than book one, which was great! Mosaic, the final book, could not come soon enough. =)

7 comments:

  1. I'm wondering about this apologizing thing but I'm thinking she's forgive him. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, it's so cute! He's quite the character. :D And she sure does!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a pretty steamy part! I"m intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, yay for awesome swoon :D But, heh, I'm a bit unsure about that very last line. Seems a bit silly, lol :) Not really a book for me, sniffs, but so happy you liked it lots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I see what you're saying. I'm just glad I liked this book more than book one!

      Delete
  4. Wowzas! That is some kiss! I can see why you liked it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!