Thursday, July 14, 2016

Swoon Thursday (#181): Poisoned Blade by Kate Elliott


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Poisoned Blade by Kate Elliott!


Kal brushes a finger along my palm in a way that makes me shiver. "I suppose I deserve that."

"Exactly what is it you think you deserve?" I tease, but the moment I speak, the words seem too light, too joking, for this awful day. Hoarsely, I go on. "[line taken out because spoilers]"

I run up my hands up his chest. He's wearing coarsely woven laborer's clothing but the pleasure of touching him is all silk, and he makes a soft sound in his throat as I lean in to kiss him. 

Every complication falls away. There is only his mouth testing mine, my body pressing against his, the way his fingers slide up my bare skin under the loose cloth of my vest to trace the curve of my ribs like a brush of desire...

- ARC, page 462




Ahhh, Jes and Kal. Swoony as ever. <3

14 comments:

  1. WHEW! I still need to read the first book in this series, but dear goodness. If THIS is what it leads up to, I'm looking forward to getting to it even more than I was before. Great swoon, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaasss! The first book is tame in swoons compared to this one! In a subtle way. :D I hope you love it, Jessica!

      Delete
  2. I've never read any Kate Elliot but she must be awesome because I see her mentioned a lot. I may just have to give one of her books a go. Where should I start?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Court of Fives is a great place to start, Barb! This book and its sequel are the only two I've read by her. I definitely want to try some of her adult science fiction though! ^_^

      Delete
  3. Hmm, hmm. I'm intrigued! I need to look into this series, haha.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! You're welcome, and thank YOU. <3

      Delete
  4. I still need to read the first book. But this makes me want to hurry up! I decided to join into Swoon Thursday this week also, you can check out my post HERE if you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for awesome swoon :D But ahh, so late in the book.. Oh, well. So glad you enjoyed this book so much :) But, lol. His name is Kal. That bothers me a little, haha :D It's a bit weird, maybe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked one that was late in the book! And yup, Kal as in "Kalliarkos". It's Greek! :D

      Delete
  6. Ohh amazing swoon scene I haven't read the first book yet, but I've been hearing great things about this series. Thank you for the great post my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow... that is a sweet kiss... I love the touch to his chest!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!