Thursday, July 7, 2016

Swoon Thursday (#180): Destined for a King by Ashlyn Macnamara


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Destined for a King by Ashlyn Macnamara!


He leaned in and pressed his lips to hers. Softly he caressed her, the gentleness surprising in a man rumored to take whatever he wanted and to the Faceless One with the consequences. And that one simple movement communicated volumes to her. He wanted her willing, and he'd wait for her consent.

That thought alone was enough to uproot her, but instead of away, she stepped closer, stepped into his embrace, and twined her arms about his neck. His blade clattered to the floor, and he framed her face with his hands, his fingers spearing into her hair.

Th second he touched his mouth to hers, he delivered the sort of blow she'd expected with his first kiss, demanding her surrender as he'd demanded her father yield the keep. His lips firms on hers, he traced her lower lip with his tongue. 

- eARC, page 64


Here is another fun line from earlier in this scene, just because!

At last she held out her hand. "Give me the sword."

A roguish smile spread over his features. "Gladly, my lady, but I thought one such as you might prefer to wait until our wedding night to take my sword in hand."

- eARC, page 64

CRY-LAUGHING RIGHT NOW. :D :D :D :D




GUYS! I loved this book so much. The hate-to-love relationship, the banter, the fantasy world... such a great package! I may need to revise my rating. =)

12 comments:

  1. oh I am so picking this one up!!! I love some good banter and what a kiss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this one thanks to you and I can't wait to pick it up. That kiss though! *_* Totally in love already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like a fun one! I decided to join into Swoon Thursday this week. HERE is my post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh this swoon is my all time favorite swoon scene I absolutely love it and I really need too check out this book when it comes out! It looks and sounds so so so so good. Thank you for this great post Alyssa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Very cool! I'm glad I shared it. I hope you love the book, Katiria!

      Delete
  5. LOL!!! I love that funny one. This is such a good swoon post. :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol :D YAY for awesome swoon. <3 Thank you for sharing Alyssa :) Love that it seems that the kissing starts early in the book. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!