Thursday, July 28, 2016

Swoon Thursday (#183): The Protector by Jodi Ellen Malpas


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Protector by Jodi Ellen Malpas!


We stand in front of each other, staring... and our rage changes into something else. I breathe out shakily and shrug off the goose bumps, watching as his eyes fall to my lips before quickly flicking back up to meet my gaze. Fire crackles between our bodies.

I try to straighten my thoughts, but I don't get the time that I need to analyze it all. Jake's coming at me fast grabbing me and slamming his lips to mine. I feel like all the pressure bursts out of me, the stress and confusion going with it. His kiss is primal and unforgiving, his hard body forcing itself against my front. I whimper, accepting his power, grabbing at his shoulders while we explore each other's mouths, hungry and desperate. My hands move to his hair, the pleasure wracking me, making my knees weak. I start to wobble, holding onto him to keep from falling out of his strong arms.

- eARC, 37%




I really enjoyed this book! This is Jake and Camille's first kiss, and it's a pretty explosive scene. ;)

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I really want to try her other series too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a scene here!!!Don't you just love a good kiss? Man I want to just read this one NOW....what a great teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew what a hot scene I absolutely love it! Thank you for the great post Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Such a desperate and hungry kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for awesome first kiss :D Thank you for sharing this swoon Alyssa. <3 Sadly, I don't really like this writing, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand! This author's writing was definitely a little weird for me too. :o

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!