Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Sweet Talk with the Sweet Sixteens: April 26th


Welcome to Week Seventeen of Sweet Talk with the Sweet Sixteens! To see more details about Sweet Talk as well as previous posts, see the introduction post. Thanks to Charlene (Bookish Whimsy), for designing the banner and button for Sweet Talk.


Today, I'm featuring the authors and books publishing during the week of April 26th!


The Questions:

1. Describe your debut novel in sixteen words.
2. Pitch your book! For fans of _____, _____ meets _____, etc.
3. What are you working on now – is it related to your debut novel?


The Author:

Sarah Alexander, Author of The Art of Not Breathing

1. It’s a story about absences, grief, breathing, secrets, family, love and the immense power of water.

2. My publishers pitched it as ‘E. Lockhart’s WE WERE LIARS meets Judith Guest’s ORDINARY PEOPLE’ which is awesome. Fans of Jandy Nelson and Laurie Halse Anderson might like it too. Anyone who likes stories that are a little bit sad but hopeful too.

3. I’m working on another standalone YA Contemporary novel. It’s about fear – both being afraid and being fearless, and parts of it are set in India. I’m very excited about it!

Follow Sarah Alexander: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter
Find The Art of Not Breathing: Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | The Book Depository


The Book:


(Click on the cover to go to Goodreads!)


Other Sweet Sixteens Books Publishing This Week:

The Art of Not Breathing is actually the only one!


The Giveaway:

- Signed hardcover of The Last Great Adventure of the PB&J Society
- ARC of Don't Get Caught
- Dig Too Deep swag
- Future Shock swag
- South of Sunshine swag
- My Kind of Crazy swag
- Fear My Mortality swag
- Finished copy of Xander and the Lost Island of Monsters
- Tell Me Three Things swag
- My Seventh-Grade Life in Tights swag
- Finished copy of Treasure at Lure Lake
- Crossing the Line swag 
- The Last Fifth Grade of Emerson Elementary swag
- Finished copy of Consider
- Emerge swag
- ARC of The Art of Not Breathing

9 comments:

  1. If this book is half as good as the pitch describes it, it will be amazing! Looking forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks awesome! Can't wait to check it out 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trick question, ha ha. The Art of Not Breathing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it's the Art of Not Breathing, since it's the only one. It does sound interesting, so I'm looking forward to it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Art of Not Breathing sounds intriguing and deep! I love those types of books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Art of Not Breathing sounds really good! I don't mind a book that is a little sad. Those kinds of books can be really powerful sometimes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is on my contemporary wish list, so I hope to read it soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like an interesting book :D Gah, I wish I could like this genre more. But I do not, lol. But still. Pretty cover :D Thank you for sharing sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how this book is pitched! I love all those other books, so I hope this is great, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!