Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Sweet Talk with the Sweet Sixteens: April 12th


Welcome to Week Fifteen of Sweet Talk with the Sweet Sixteens! To see more details about Sweet Talk as well as previous posts, see the introduction post. Thanks to Charlene (Bookish Whimsy), for designing the banner and button for Sweet Talk.


Today, I'm featuring the authors and books publishing during the week of April 12th!


The Questions:

1. Describe your debut novel in sixteen words.
2. Pitch your book! For fans of _____, _____ meets _____, etc.
3. What are you working on now – is it related to your debut novel?


The Authors:

Brooks Benjamin, Author of My Seventh-Grade Life in Tights

1. Dillon is torn: will he stick with his dance crew or go for the dance scholarship?

2. For fans of the STEP UP movies, DRAMA, SYTYCD, or the BETTER NATE THAN EVER series

3. I've finished a second MG and my first YA and am currently working on another MG about a small town, tarot cards, and an underground club.

Follow Brooks Benjamin: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter
Find My Seventh-Grade Life in Tights: Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | The Book Depository


Shari Schwarz, Author of Treasure at Lure Lake

1. On a backpacking trip, two brothers must work together to survive and unearth a family secret.

2. For fans of survival adventure stories with a multigenerational twist. HATCHET meets IF I STAY.

3. I've written two other unrelated books and am now delving into the exciting world of picture books.


Follow Shari Schwarz: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter
Find Treasure at Lure Lake:  Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | The Book Depository



Samantha Mabry, Author of A Fierce and Subtle Poison

1. a girl full of poison, mosquitoes, hurricanes, an old house in San Juan, a dead nun

2. A Fierce and Subtle Poison is a re-imagining of Nathaniel Hawthorne's short story "Rappaccini's Daughter," set in San Juan, Puerto Rico. 

3. I'm working on a YA novel about love and death in the West Texas desert. It is a standalone, like A Fierce and Subtle Poison

Follow Samantha Mabry: Website | Goodreads | Twitter
Find A Fierce and Subtle Poison: Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | The Book Depository


Meghan Rogers, Author of Crossing the Line

1. Jocelyn must work with her enemies for revenge against the North Korean spy agency that kidnapped her.

2. A teen version of Alias and the Bourne movies.

3. My next book is related to my debut! It's book 2 in the Raven Files series. 





Follow Meghan Rogers: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter
Find Crossing the Line: Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | The Book Depository


Laura Shovan, Author of The Last Fifth Grade of Emerson Elementary

1. A class of fifth grade poets stage a protest to save their school from demolition.

2. For fans of LOVE THAT DOG and GOOD MASTERS, SWEET LADIES.

3. Another contemporary middle grade novel.







Follow Laura Shovan: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter
Find The Last Fifth Grade of Emerson ElementaryGoodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | The Book Depository


The Books:

    

  

(Click on the covers to go to Goodreads!)


Other Sweet Sixteens Books Publishing This Week:

    

(Click on the covers to go to Goodreads!)


The Giveaway:

- Signed hardcover of The Last Great Adventure of the PB&J Society
- ARC of Don't Get Caught
- Dig Too Deep swag
- Future Shock swag
- South of Sunshine swag
- My Kind of Crazy swag
- Fear My Mortality swag
- Finished copy of Xander and the Lost Island of Monsters
- Tell Me Three Things swag
- My Seventh-Grade Life in Tights swag
- Finished copy of Treasure at Lure Lake
- Crossing the Line swag 
- The Last Fifth Grade of Emerson Elementary swag
- Finished copy of Consider
- Emerge swag
- ARC of The Art of Not Breathing

13 comments:

  1. Wow so many of these look great. Dreamology, My Seventh-Grade Life in Tights, and A Fierce and Subtle Poison. Great post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Fierce and Subtle Poison would be my pick of these. Samantha Mabry is a new author for me. I had to look up what "Rappaccini's Daughter" was about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, A Fierce and Subtle Poison sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, A Fierce and Subtle Poison sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Fierce and Subtle Poison is one that I'm very much looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again, so many books! I've been really curious about Dreamology, so that will probably be the first one I pick up from this batch of books. The Last Fifth Grade of Emerson Elementary looks good, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got A Fierce and Subtle Poison already on it's on to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fierce and subtle poison has been getting a lot of buzz, so I want to read it and see what all the fuss was about. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Fierce & Subtle Poison looks great and love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you do this each week and I love getting to know new authors a bit more :D Unsure about these books.. but they do seem a bit interesting even so :D Thank you for sharing Alyssa. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!