Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (#174): Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Book Two of The Illuminae Files series
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: October 18, 2016

Summary (from Goodreads):

The highly anticipated sequel to the instant New York Times bestseller that critics are calling “out-of-this-world awesome.” 

Moving to a space station at the edge of the galaxy was always going to be the death of Hanna’s social life. Nobody said it might actually get her killed.

The sci-fi saga that began with the breakout bestseller Illuminae continues on board the Jump Station Heimdall, where two new characters will confront the next wave of the BeiTech assault.

Hanna is the station captain’s pampered daughter; Nik the reluctant member of a notorious crime family. But while the pair are struggling with the realities of life aboard the galaxy’s most boring space station, little do they know that Kady Grant and the Hypatia are headed right toward Heimdall, carrying news of the Kerenza invasion.

When an elite BeiTech strike team invades the station, Hanna and Nik are thrown together to defend their home. But alien predators are picking off the station residents one by one, and a malfunction in the station’s wormhole means the space-time continuum might be ripped in two before dinner. Soon Hanna and Nik aren’t just fighting for their own survival; the fate of everyone on the Hypatia—and possibly the known universe—is in their hands.

But relax. They’ve totally got this. They hope.

Once again told through a compelling dossier of emails, IMs, classified files, transcripts, and schematics, Gemina raises the stakes of the Illuminae Files, hurling readers into an enthralling new story that will leave them breathless.



I loved Illuminae! This book is going to be awesome, I'm quite sure. :)

48 comments:

  1. OMG, I can't believe it!! It HAS to be mental telepathy!! Lol. Yes, we are WOW twins today, Alyssa!! I have picked this book, too!! Well, you know the saying...."Great minds think alike!" Congrats on your AWESOME taste!! Lol. Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh yes !! I can't wait until I have this one in my hands !!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't gotten to Illuminae yet! I need to though before this comes out. WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Perhaps binge-read the series. ^_^

      Delete
  4. I hope you get to read this one early, Alyssa, and that it's amazing and lives up to book 1 for you!! I haven't read the first one, and I really have no good excuse LOL, since I love Amie Kaufman's Starbound series!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many books, so little time! You get the best books, Becky. I'm sure YOU'LL get to read it early!

      Delete
  5. ALL THE GRABBY HANDS!! This one is one of my absolute priorities at BEA!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't read Illuminae. Not really sure this series is for me but I am glad you are so excited for the second one.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm seriously considering picking up Illuminae at Book Con in two weeks! I've been thinking of picking it up for awhile and thought why not do it when I can see the authors?! Hope you enjoy its sequel!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Illuminae but I've read good things about it. I hope you enjoy this once you've read it :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! This is a reminder to read my copy of Illuminae. Great pick. I hope you enjoy it.
    -What I'm Waiting For

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited too! I loved Illuminae and I'm dying to see what's going to happen. It sounds more like a companion novel, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited for this one too and also a whole lot nervous about who will make it to the end. This should be fun! :D
    Lovely pick, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I should probably read Illuminae huh... *runs away*

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is on my waiting list too! I think I even featured it beginning of April this month :D

    Here's my WoW @ Swissbookworm

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes bring on this book! I liked Illuminae and even though I didn't love it as much as some did, I thought it was quite good and to hear that they are exploring the space station angle has me kind of excited. Plus I'm wondering just what BeiTech is up to. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed Illuminae! I'm curious about these things too. :D

      Delete
  15. Yep, I need this one. Illuminae is still with me even after months later.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I probably should look into starting this series, but at the moment, there just aren't enough hours in the day to get through my already growing list. Hope you enjoy this instalment, Alyssa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true! Hence why I'm returning blog comments at 2 AM. ;) Thank you, Marilyn!

      Delete
  17. I haven't read the first book in this series. I hope you enjoy reading this one.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome pick! I am so ready for this one myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it, Lekeisha!

      Delete
  19. Yes!!! I can't wait for this one. I'm sure it will be AWESOME. I hope we both love it. :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have really got to read the first one! I never got to it and now am just so far behind! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh I feel so behind all the time. You're very welcome!

      Delete
  21. God, yes. This book will be THE BEST :D EEEE! I cannot wait to read this precious. <3 Hope we will both love it :) Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great pick Alyssa I haven't read the first book because I don't think is my type of book, even though I haven't read any books quite like Illuminae before. But I have a feeling I am not going to enjoy it as much like other readers have. Here is my WOW pick for this week.

    http://katibookaholicrambligreview.blogspot.com/2016/04/waiting-on-wednesday-35-until-harry-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Illuminae was so different! It isn't for everyone though.

      Delete
  23. I love that this one features different characters! Can't wait to read it. It will be epic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It should be a fun companion sequel.

      Delete
  24. Oh my gosh, yes! I'm sooo excited for more of this series! I hope there's more Ezra haha. Great pick, thanks for sharing Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!