Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (#173): Bound by Blood and Sand by Becky Allen


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Bound by Blood and Sand by Becky Allen
Book One of an untitled series
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publication Date: October 11, 2016

Summary (from Goodreads):

Jae is a slave in a dying desert world. 

Once verdant with water from a magical Well, the land is drying up, and no one remembers the magic needed to keep the water flowing. If a new source isn’t found soon, the people will perish. Jae doesn’t mind, in a way. By law, she is bound by a curse to obey every order given her, no matter how vile. At least in death, she’ll be free. 

Elan’s family rules the fading realm. He comes to the estate where Jae works, searching for the hidden magic needed to replenish the Well, but it’s Jae who finds it, and she who must wield it. Desperate to save his realm, Elan begs her to use it to locate the Well. 

But why would a slave—abused, beaten, and treated as less than human—want to save the system that shackles her? Jae would rather see the world burn. 

Though revenge clouds her vision, she agrees to help if the realm’s slaves are freed. Then Elan’s father arrives. The ruler’s cruelty knows no limits. He is determined that the class system will not change—and that Jae will remain a slave forever.



Just about every desert fantasy novel I've read has really worked for me, so I'm excited to see how this one goes!

37 comments:

  1. Huh hadn't heard of it before but it sounds interesting. Sounds like it will be an interesting POV book for sure. Great pick adding now to TBR. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is the first time I've ever heard of this book and....OMG!!!! Another GREAT pick by Alyssa, the Eater of Books!! YAY!!! This just looks so, so GOOD. I'll bet it will be just as good as "Rebel of the Sands", which I've heard is AWESOME. Another one to add to my Goodreads shelves!! Thanks for putting this on my book radar!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria! You are sweet! And it definitely does remind me of REBEL, as well as Sarah Beth Durst's Vessel (also really good). You're very welcome!

      Delete
  3. I did not know about this one yet, thanks !!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't seen this one before. If I were her though, I wouldn't find the water either.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you have introduced it to you, Angela!

      Delete
  5. This sounds really good! Especially that concept. Desert fantasies this year have been well-written!
    Lovely pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one but it definitely sounds interesting! I hope you love it :)
    Danielle @ Life With Two Boys

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh interesting! I feel like I've heard of this one but yet, it still feels totally new to me!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read this one as well. Hope we both love it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book looks AHMAZING. I am so interested to see how the "must take commands" and the "wants the world to burn" interact with each other!
    Go ahead girl; break down those class systems! Wonderful pick. Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW
    http://epiloguereview.blogspot.com/2016/04/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html?m=1#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Your comment is so great. You're welcome and thank YOU!

      Delete
  10. This book wasn't on my radar before now, but I just finished reading Rebel of the Sands and enjoyed it, so I may have to start reading more fantasy.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have introduced this one to you! I support you reading more fantasy, Sandra. :D

      Delete
  11. Great pick- hope that you get a chance to read and enjoy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not heard about this one before now :D And ohh, I am a little bit curious, hih. <3 Stunning pick this week Alyssa :) Ah, I hope you will love this one so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you're curious. And thank you!

      Delete
  13. Wow this one looks great! Excellent choice. :) I hope you love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a new one that I haven't heard of before now, so thank you for sharing! I must admit, I am a bit curious, as desert set novels have been on the rise this year. Hope you enjoy this when it comes out! :) Here's my Wow!

    Lillie @Little Lillie Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to do so! I'm excited to see Allen's take on desert fantasy. Thank you!

      Delete
  15. Sounds like an interesting book. Thanks so much for spotlighting it today!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! You're welcome and thank YOU. =)

      Delete
  16. This one is totally new to me. Sounds interesting. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The premise sounds chilling, Alyssa! I hope you get your hands on it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Desert fantasies are definitely becoming a welcome theme---if this one is anywhere near as good as Rebel of the Sands, I'll be sure to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohh I am really loving the sound of this book, it looks and sounds absolutely fantastic. I am really intrigued and want too know if Jae helps Elan out or not! Here is my WOW for this week. Great pick and thank you for your awesome post Alyssa.

    http://katibookaholicrambligreview.blogspot.com/2016/04/waiting-on-wednesday-34-kingdom-of-ash.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get my hands on this one! Hopefully it is great. =)

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!