Thursday, April 28, 2016

Swoon Thursday (#170): The Marked Girl by Lindsey Klingele

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Marked Girl by Lindsey Klingele!


Cedric's eyes focused on hers again, and then he was moving closer, closer his hand resting on her neck now. She could see his eyelids dropping, and his lips as his mouth drew nearer and nearer to hers.

Then he was kissing her, first slowly, and then completely, with one hand still on the back of her neck and the other reaching to her waist.

Liv's whole body felt fuzzy, soft around the edges. And then Cedric's hands were running gently along her beck, the rough skin of his fingers drawing little invisible lines that made the small hairs there rise up, up, up.

She leaned into him, deepening the kiss and letting out a small sigh when it went from gentle into something more. Cedric gripped her harder. She ran her hand down the length of his chest, her fingers playing at the edge of his shirt. She carefully lifted it, hand shaking just a little, and let her hands run over the flat edge of his stomach there.

- eARC, 69%

Author Website | Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble

Read my review of The Marked Girl!


There were things that I didn't like about this book, but this scene was one my favorites of the book. I cut it off just when things were getting good! ;)

12 comments:

  1. This book is totally new to me. Loving the swoon. A beautiful kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That is a kiss to make anyone swoon.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo what a great kiss!!! Nice swoon pick. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for awesome swoon :D Thank you for sharing Alyssa. <3 I do like it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes a very swoon worthy kiss! Thank you for your awesome post my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is a great kiss! I can see why you liked it. A shame you didn't love the book though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm reallt curious about this book! Now even more.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!