Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (#168): Metaltown by Kristen Simmons


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Metaltown by Kristen Simmons
Publisher: Tor Teen
Publication Date: September 20, 2016

Summary (from Goodreads):

Metaltown, where factories rule, food is scarce, and hope is in short supply.

The rules of Metaltown are simple: Work hard, keep your head down, and watch your back. You look out for number one, and no one knows that better than Ty. She’s been surviving on the factory line as long as she can remember. But now Ty has Colin. She’s no longer alone; it’s the two of them against the world. That’s something even a town this brutal can’t take away from her. Until it does.

Lena’s future depends on her family’s factory, a beast that demands a ruthless master, and Lena is prepared to be as ruthless as it takes if it means finally proving herself to her father. But when a chance encounter with Colin, a dreamer despite his circumstances, exposes Lena to the consequences of her actions, she’ll risk everything to do what’s right.

In Lena, Ty sees an heiress with a chip on her shoulder. Colin sees something more. In a world of disease and war, tragedy and betrayal, allies and enemies, all three of them must learn that challenging what they thought was true can change all the rules.

An enthralling story of friendship and rebellion, Metaltown will have you believing in the power of hope.



NEW KRISTEN SIMMONS BOOKS! I loved her Article 5 series and The Glass Arrow... I want this one as soon as possible!

41 comments:

  1. I didn't know this one yet.. sounds very awesome !! Great pick, I will add it to my TBR !
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this one either, but it looks good. Hope you enjoy it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one but I hope you love it!!
    Danielle @ Life With Two Boys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I still need to read a book by this author! Hope you enjoy this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't read The Glass Arrow (I know... I know... *hangs head in shame*) but this one sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PILI. O.O Hehe, you must read The Glass Arrow! It was a favorite of mine! ^_^

      Delete
  6. Okay, so this is the first I hear of this books, but it sounds Wicked. It's going straight to my TBR shelf. Thanks for sharing!
    Anatea | Anatea's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read anything by this author before. I hope you enjoy reading this book.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know about this book until now. I hope you'll enjoy it once you read it, though.
    Here's my WoW if you'd like to check it out: https://bookdustmagic.wordpress.com/2016/03/16/waiting-on-wendesday-8-p-s-i-like-you-by-kasie-west/

    ReplyDelete
  9. great pick-- hope that you get a chance to read it soon

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book sounds absolutely fantastic! I've read just one book by this author and I liked it. I hope I love this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick ~ sounds really good! Hope you enjoy it.

    Renee My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanted to read The Glass Arrow, but I haven't yet. This one sounds really great too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it, Erin! The Glass Arrow is a favorite of mine. ^_^

      Delete
  13. Haven't seen this one before but it seems like you are a fan. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not sure if this is my type of book, but hope you're able to get ahold of it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh great pick Alyssa this is actually the first time I heard about this book. And I heard a lot of great things about Kristen Simmons books, and this one looks and sounds amazing. I hope you do enjoy it when you get a chance to read it! Thank you for your awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I'm glad to have introduced it to you, Katiria! Thank YOU. =D

      Delete
  16. I LOVEEEE Kristen Simmons and I need this book in my life! The factory setting reminds me a bit of Of Metal and Wishes and you know how much I loved that one.
    Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I thought so too! I hope it's just as lovely. ^_^

      Delete
  17. I still have yet to read any of this author's books! I really need to get on that. Have the first series she wrote! Great pick. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend The Glass Arrow, Brooke! =)

      Delete
  18. I've yet to read anything by Kristen Simmons but I heard she's coming to Anderson's in IL next week and I'm so bummed I can't go to the event! This is the first time I've heard of Meltdown though! I hope you enjoy it when you do get a chance to read it!
    Emily @ www.rabbitholereviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo! That sounds like a great event - though I'm sorry you can't go! Thank you, Emily. :)

      Delete
  19. Ah, yes yes yes. <3 I'm also dying to read this book :D I cannot wait. It seems aaamazing :D So glad you are excited for it too Alyssa. <3 Hope we will both end up loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Excellent pick! Kristen Simmons is one of my favorite authors, so I really can't wait to read this. I'm hoping we'll both love it. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my WoW earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This one sounds intriguing. Totally new to me. Hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!