Thursday, March 17, 2016

Swoon Thursday (#164): Undecided by Julianna Keyes

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Undecided by Julianna Keyes!


I'd never allowed myself to give kissing Crosbie Lucas much though, but if I had I'd have predicted it to be hard or invasive, grabby hands and lewdly thrusting hips. But it's nothing like that at all. The hand on the tree stays where it is while his other finds the dips of my waist and rests there on top of my coat. I feel the chill of his nose bumping mine, the contrasting warmth of hips lips, and though shock and awe are currently duking it out for top billing in the feelings department, I'm starting to feel some very unexpected other things, too.

A tiny sigh escapes and Crosbie seizes the opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth, very gently finding mine. My fingers uncurl themselves long enough to fist in the front of his coat, and the permissinve action has him stepping into me even more, so I'm caught squarely between him and the tree.

- eARC, 41%



NO LOVE TRIANGLE IN THIS BOOK! I wouldn't give it five stars if there was even remotely a love triangle. The title is more about Nora's academics, and while there ARE two guys on the cover, one is her roommate/good friend, one is her roommate's best friend (THIS is Crosbie, the guy she falls for). No love triangle! NO LOVE TRIANGLE! This is probably the best New Adult contemporary romance novel I've read! :)

15 comments:

  1. Love that there is no love triangle. Glad that you liked it so much. That kiss is swoon worthy!

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, that's such a great tease of a first kiss!! Swoony indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover is seriously misleading but thank you for clarifying! Swoons~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I want to blast on a loudspeaker, "NO LOVE TRIANGLE! I repeat: NO LOVE TRIANGLE!". Because people might pass up on such a good book, for nothing! hehe

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy for the no love triangle! It's been a while since I read a NA book and this one sounds fun! I have to add it to my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I have been avoiding them (though I read The Deal a few months ago - and really liked it). I hope you give this one a shot, Lis!

      Delete
  5. Wow!! That's one nice kiss! I love how she fists his coat... Yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, amazing swoon sweet girl. <3 I was a bit weirded out at first, lol, when I saw only the cover :D With two guys. Ahhhh. But then you say no triangle :D And YAY!! And five stars? That is aaamazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people who hate love triangles would be! I only decided to give this book a shot because I'm a fan of the author's adult books. I'm glad I did - this book was perfect!

      Delete
  7. Gah! Now I really want too check this book out as always great swoon worthy scene my friend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so relieved to hear that this isn't a love triangle. Now I'm looking forward to reading it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love Julianna's books and this one was exceptionally awesome. You're very welcome, Marilyn!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!