Thursday, March 10, 2016

Swoon Thursday (#163): The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead!


Swoon #1:

I couldn’t even say who started the kissing then. Maybe there was no true start. Maybe it was just a continuation of what we’d begun that night among the stars. Wrapped in his arms, wrapped in him, I couldn’t believe I’d somehow gone the last week without touching him. Really touching him—not those stolen brushes of fingertips and legs. I had danced with dozens of men in this month and never felt a flicker of what I felt when Cedric simply looked at me. 

He shifted so that my back was pressed against the window, and I pulled him as close to me as I could. I undid the tie that held his hair back, releasing it around his face. He delicately ran his hands along where the dress exposed one shoulder and then brought his lips down to it. The heat of his mouth against my bare flesh undid me, and I arched my body against his.

- ARC, page 240

Swoon #2:

“Was that list in any particular order? Like, least to most serious consequence?” 

“I . . . don’t know.” The hand that had been by my face had slipped under the covers and now ran over my bare leg—slowly, agonizingly. I was trying to keep my face and voice cool, but the rest of my body was betraying me as I curled closer to him. “You’re kind of making it difficult to focus. And we have a lot to do.” 

“Yes.” His voice was husky as he moved his mouth to my neck. “Yes, we do.” 

“That’s not what I . . .”

He was impossible for me to resist. Or maybe I was impossible for him to resist. We melted into each other, and I forgot all about Westhaven and the hardships ahead.

- ARC, pages 392-393



I really liked this book! It was entertaining and pretty steamy too, in terms of the romance. It's only my second Mead book, but I liked it a lot more than Soundless!

14 comments:

  1. You have chosen some yummy swoons. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping that she is kissing the same guy. I really hope that there is no love triangle. I really want this book.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is INDEED the same guy! Trust me, I abhor love triangles. I would never do that to you! ;)

      Delete
  3. Oooo very swoony! Both of them. Now I want to read this book even more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHhhh so swoony! I cannot wait to read this one. I love her Vampire Academy books so I'm hopinh I love this one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOHOO! I hope you love The Glittering Court, Teresa! <3

      Delete
  5. Ohh pure swoony I absolutely love it! Thank you for the awesome post of the hot swoon worthy scene Alyssa!:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaay :D I love this swoon. <3 Thank you for sharing Alyssa :) So glad you liked it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so jealous you've been able to read this already!! I love Mead's work. I started with the VA series and read everything since. Love the swoons girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd been stalking First to Read! It's the only way. I plan on binge-reading Mead's VA series... in the future. ;D Thank you, Naomi!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!