Thursday, March 3, 2016

Swoon Thursday (#162): Love, Lies and Spies by Cindy Anstey

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Love, Lies and Spies by Cindy Anstey!


Juliana laughed lightly and opened her mouth to argue but Spencer was no longer hesitant. He placed his bandaged hand behind her head and drew her close. With his other hand, he gently tilted her chin and then slowly trailer his fingertips down the side of her neck, until his neck until his hand came to rest on her shoulder. He pulled her closer still, even as their lips touched.

It was a tender kiss at first. Their lips barely met. But the warmth of their shared breath, the press of their bodies and the heat pulsing between them lengthened the kiss and deepened it. Juliana grabbed tightly at Spencer's lapel.

She heard a soft moan and a hum of pleasure but had no idea which one of them made which sound. It didn't matter. Her eyes were closed, and the only things that existed in the world were Spencer's tender strength and the sense of intoxication rushing through her body, warming her all over. 

- ARC, page 339



I adored this book! Historical fiction in YA - such a cute, swoony read. :)

16 comments:

  1. What a sweet kiss! I think I could like me some Spencer.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that is swoon worthy and very seeet at the same time. This book sounds super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoop I so love swoon Thursday because it gets more and more swoony each time I read it on Thursday. I just love your swoon Alyssa! Great post as always my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I'm glad you're enjoying the feature, Katiria! Thank you. =)

      Delete
  4. That was definitely a swoon worthy kiss. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaay for swoony kissing. <3 So glad you liked this book a lot. I'm getting curious about it, hih :) Thank you for sharing Alyssa. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might like it, Carina! It was so sweet. =)

      Delete
  6. Awww sounds so cute~ I love that there's more historical fiction in YA! Definitely excited for this (: Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Especially historical fiction in this time period. Thanks, Cyn!

      Delete
  7. Oh, it sounds great! Have to add this book to my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!