Thursday, March 24, 2016

Swoon Thursday (#165): Traitor Angels by Anne Blankman

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Traitor Angels by Anne Blankman!


"This time when I touch you," he said, "you won't need to ask what I'm doing."

His hand guided my face closer to his. So closer I could feel warmth emanating from his skin and hear the soft exhalation of his breath. My heart started to race, and my eyes drifted closed just as his lips brushed mine, as softly as air.

He deepened the kiss, his lips hot and insistent on mine, and everything within me turned to fire. So this is what it feels like, I thought as I kissed him back, winding my arms around him, tightening until I could feel the thundering of his heart through the layers of our clothes.

- eARC, 55%




I liked this book a lot! It's set in the 1600s, which is a pretty unique time period in YA lit. Very cool book, and an enjoyable one at that!

18 comments:

  1. Cute swoon! Seems like she has never been kissed before!

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love this author! I've got the egalley of this one too, can't wait till I get to it, especially after reading this!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh swoony!! Can't wait to read this! :)
    Thanks for sharing, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very swoon worthy quote! I really need to read this one.

    Carole @ Carole's Random Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an really sweet swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in just by the first sentence lol. I definitely need to check this one out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, what a great kiss! I need to read this book ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I just love swoony kissing scene and this one is pure hot Whoa (fans self) Thank you and great post Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY :D I love this swoon. <3 Ack, I am going to read this eARC soon. I just worry. I want to love it, lol. Fingers crossed :) Thank you for sharing this lovely. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! I hope you love this one, Carina. Don't worry!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!