Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#87): Woven by Michael Jensen and David Powers King


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Woven by Michael Jensen and David Powers King
Publisher: Scholastic
Publication Date: January 27, 2015

Summary (from Goodreads):

Two unlikely allies must journey across a kingdom in the hopes of thwarting death itself.

All his life, Nels has wanted to be a knight of the kingdom of Avërand. Tall and strong, and with a knack for helping those in need, the people of his sleepy little village have even taken to calling him the Knight of Cobblestown.

But that was before Nels died, murdered outside his home by a mysterious figure.

Now the young hero has awoken as a ghost, invisible to all around him save one person—his only hope for understanding what happened to him—the kingdom’s heir, Princess Tyra. At first the spoiled royal wants nothing to do with Nels, but as the mystery of his death unravels, the two find themselves linked by a secret, and an enemy who could be hiding behind any face.

Nels and Tyra have no choice but to abscond from the castle, charting a hidden world of tangled magic and forlorn phantoms. They must seek out an ancient needle with the power to mend what has been torn, and they have to move fast. Because soon Nels will disappear forever.



YA fantasy! That's all I needed to see/read. Plus, the cover is pretty awesome!

37 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this one! I also love YA Fantasy, so I'm totally adding this to my TBR list. I like how there's the twist with the hero being a ghost...sounds super intriguing.

    Axie @ Books are Bread

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have introduced it to you! I hope you enjoy it if you read it, Axie!

      Delete
  2. OOh nice! Totally new to me but sounds like an intriguing read!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn you, Alyssa!!! I saw the title and was "meh", saw the cover and was "hmmm" and now that I've read the summary I'm all "gimme!!"
    Sounds like a fantastic fantasy book! A princess and a ghost! Added to my GR list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I'm sorry! Sorrynotsorry hehehehe. Glad you're on board!

      Delete
  4. This one is new to me but sounds good and hope that you get a chance to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, this one is new to me also. I love the cover and the synopsis sounds off the hook!!! I'll have to check this one out on goodreads!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one that I haven't heard of before, but it does sound great. I really like the sound of it a lot.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. This does sound amazing! I had already shelved it on GR but forgot all about it. Hopefully it's good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe happy to be of the reminding service. I hope so too!

      Delete
  8. This sounds like something very uniqe. I don't think I've read or seen a book like it. And you're right about the cover. It's very gorgeous.
    Great pick, and I hope you enjoy it when it comes out!

    My WoW: http://inmysecretbookworld.blogspot.se/2014/08/waiting-on-wednesday-5_27.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's unique! Also, yeah, the cover is very lovely. Thank you!

      Delete
  9. This one sounds pretty exciting. I haven't heard about it before, but now I'm really exited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantasy! I'm adding it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that I chose it then! Thank you, Sandra.

      Delete
  12. OOOOOOEEEEEOOOO! I don't think I've read a fantasy that incorporates a ghost so heavily. I wants it!! Great pick!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I think I just visited your blog (didn't see this at the time). Thank you, Rachel! I can't wait to read this one (hopefully, I do)!

      Delete
  13. Not a huge fantasy reader but liking the idea of these two opposite buddies traveling and kicking butt. A princess and a ghost! I hope it has a happy ending in the end. Ghost stories make me sad. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get you! But yes, this one does sound all sorts of epic. You're welcome!

      Delete
  14. This sounds freaking amazing and I can't believe I never heard of it before! The cover looks really cool too. This is definitely going onto my TBR. Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is what drew me, but then the synopsis sold me. Thank you!

      Delete
  15. I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds really different and intriguing. I like the ghost element too! Great pick, thanks for sharing it!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love YA fantasy! Excited for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantasy books are the best. <3 Great pick Alyssa :D Sounds like an interesting book. I hope you will love it. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never heard of this one, but I'll go ahead and add it to my Goodreads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohh that cover is pretty! Fantasy books are my favorite, I added this to my GR. Great choice! :D

    Thanks for stopping by last week! (Sorry for the late reply!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I can't get enough of fantasy. And you're welcome! No problem at all, girl :)

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!