Thursday, August 28, 2014

Swoon Thursday (#83): Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios!


Swoon #1

Lightning flashed outside, bright and hot. They moved at the same time, his mouth meeting hers, hungry and gentle and warm. His chiaan [energy] poured into her, faster than before, and it fused with her own, twining through Nalia. She tried to resist it, didn't want to be this close to Raif, to be distracted from what she knew she had to do -

Raif leaned against the table next to them and pulled her closer, his kiss deepening until she didn't know what was her and what was him. The kiss lasted forever, and no time at all. It was the first experience Nalia had of feeling safe, truly safe, and for a while it didn't matter that this might be the last beautiful moment of her short life.

Swoon #2

He smiled and took one of her hands between his own. "What you're trying to do right now - it's not working. You want to know why?"

Nalia trembled, but she threw her shoulders back, lifted her chin. She tried to infuse her voice with the regal disdain the empress had perfected. "Why?"

"Because I know you. I can feel you inside me right now. And what I feel is good and brave and fierce and f***ing beautiful. And you don't care at all about the throne or power. Zanari told me about your brother, so don't even pretend that you care about your brother, so don't even pretend that you care about anything more than saving him. And if you want me to kiss your feet, don't worry, because I intend on kissing every inch of you the first chance I get, so if you want me to start with your feet I'm more than happy to, My Empress."

- ARC, page 350, pages 352-353





LOVEEEEEEEE. LOVE THIS BOOK. The bold part above? SO MUCH LOVEEEEEE. 

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow! They are great swoons! And it sounds like a great Fantasy read! I think I would enjoy it!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would too, Naomi! Definitely check it out :D

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing those two beautiful swoons. I really enjoyed reading them, so much so, that I added the book to my TBR list.

    My swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to do so! It was difficult to pick just one... even two... there were so many swoony scenes!

      Delete
  3. WOW, those are great swoons indeed! I think I really need to preorder this one STAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god, I love these swoon! Why isn't this book on my TBR-list? Definitely need to add it, sounds amazing!
    Great picks!

    My Swoon: http://inmysecretbookworld.blogspot.se/2014/08/swoon-thursday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um. ADD IT :D Good that you have! I hope you read it, Aseel.

      Delete
  5. Aw, great teaser sweetie. <3 Thank you for sharing :D I'm not sure about this book, not sure if it for me, but it do sound kind of awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally understandable! This one had awesome swoons though ^_^

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!