Thursday, August 7, 2014

Swoon Thursday (#80): Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini!


He kissed her, softly at first, but then more deeply, until Lily felt herself open under him. Rowan dropped his head to the side and kissed her neck.

"See?" he whispered against her jawbone. His fingers were inching her skirt up her thighs, his knee sliding between her legs. "I can't trust myself around you."

Rowan opened himself up to her completely. He let her feel what he was feeling in his body, all his excitement and anticipation. He showed her the ways he wanted to kiss her and touch her and how urgently he wanted it. Lily's body lit with sensation, but her mind fumbled somewhere between eagerness and fright.

- ARC, pages 338-339



Read my review HERE.


I loved this book!

14 comments:

  1. Nice swoon! This one's on my wish list. Thanks for sharing!

    My Swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! So glad to hear that! You're welcome, Marilyn.

      Delete
  2. Wow!! Nice swoon. I really need to read this one! Sounds great.

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this swoon! Gosh there are so many books I've missed on while I was away, and this is one of them. *drops on TBR-list*
    Thanks for sharing!

    My swoon: http://inmysecretbookworld.blogspot.se/2014/08/swoon-thursday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've missed you, Aseel! Glad to see that you're back :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, a mind-read-swoon, nice! I think I might need to give this a shot after all... ;)
    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a very cool swoon! I really liked this book too! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sob. I love love love love this book. <3 Amazing swoon sweetie :D Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! I'm so glad to hear that, Carina. You're so welcome! Thank YOU for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I'm about to go through all of your Swoon Bounds LOL. Must stop myself!

    Anyway, I think I'm gonna wait on the sequel before I start this series because I'm SO fearful of a love triangle, but I love this teaser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOT A BAD THING :D I enjoy your comments! And I know what you mean. So far, I haven't detected one... but I can see why people are fearful of one. It's a possibility, in a way. This scene is really sweet!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!