Hello everyone! I hope you all are having a wonderful Monday so far. And if not, I hope things start to look up. Today I'm sharing ten reasons why you should pick up The Dark Days Club, book one of the amazing trilogy by Alison Goodman! Stick around for more content on this series in the coming weeks!
Alyssa's Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Pick Up The Dark Days Club
10. The series is almost over. Okay, this might sound like a silly reason. But book three (the conclusion) publishes in less than three months! That's an excellent reason to start the series. No time like the present!
9. Nineteenth century historical fiction is super cool. You all probably know by now that I'm a huge historical romance fan, and love pretty much any historical time period.The 1800s is a great time period in which to set a story.
8. Alison Goodman really does her research. What's better than historical fiction? Accurate historical fiction. You can check out the extensive research that Goodman did on her website, right HERE.
7. On that note - who doesn't love some ball gowns and ball scenes? I am very partial to pretty dresses and elaborate social affairs like dances. In this series, Lady Helen is in the middle of her Season, which is peak socializing time for a young woman. I love it!
6. There is plenty of strong, gutsy women in the series. I adore Helen - she is so smart and curious, and strong in her own way. And her lady's maid, Darby, is a warrior in her own regard.
5. There is good action in the book (and series). I suppose, when one is fighting demons, there has to be good action throughout the story. Right? Right.
4. Now that I've mentioned demons - yes, this isn't just a historical fiction novel! I love the historical setting and the paranormal mashup. Demons abound! Supernatural abilities!
3. There is a ~murder mystery~. Did Lord Carlston kill his wife? Is this just rumor? What happened to her, in truth? You'll have to read the series to find out...
2. Speaking of Lord Carlston, well, he is a reason all by himself. Do you love tall, handsome, and broody? You haven't met a man like that until you've met Lord Carlston. Helloooo hotness.
1. Slow-burn romance. Need I say more? I love slow-burn romance. Book two has one of my all-time favorite YA lit kisses. But we were talking about book one. SLOW-BURN! Love it!
(Do yourself a favor. Pick up this series. Look, there is a giveaway on Goodreads for a copy of The Dark Days Club!)
About Book One:
The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman
Book One of The Dark Days Club series
Publisher: Viking Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: January 26, 2016
Summary (from Goodreads):
From the New York Times bestselling author of Eon and Eona; a Regency adventure series starring a stylish and intrepid Buffy-esque demon-hunter
London, April 1812. On the eve of eighteen-year-old Lady Helen Wrexhall's presentation to the queen, one of her family's housemaids disappears-and Helen is drawn into the shadows of Regency London. There, she meets Lord Carlston, one of the few who can stop the perpetrators: a cabal of demons infiltrating every level of society. Dare she ask for his help, when his reputation is almost as black as his lingering eyes? And will her intelligence and headstrong curiosity wind up leading them into a death trap?
Check out the series:
(Click on the covers for more information!)
About the Author:
Alison Goodman writes in a variety of genres, ranging from the genre-bending DARK DAYS CLUB titles, to the EON/EONA fantasy duology, to the YA science fiction thriller SINGING THE DOGSTAR BLUES. She was a D.J. O'Hearn Memorial Fellow at Melbourne Universtiy, holds a master of arts degree, and mentors emerging writers. A long-time lover of the Regency period, she has a treasure trove of material to be viewed at pinterest.com/alisongoodman. She is online at darkdaysclub.com and on Twitter @AlisonGoodman.
Check out the rest of the tour!
September 10 – The Eater of Books! – Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Read The Dark Days Club
September 11 – @darkfaerietales – Creative Instagram Picture
September 12 – Darque Dreamer Reads – Review with gifs + Moodboard
September 13 – My Friends are Fiction – Review + Creative Instagram Picture
September 14 – By Hook Or By Book – Review with gifs
October 8 – The Eater of Books! – Moodboard
October 9 – @darkfaerietales – Creative Instagram Picture
October 10 – Darque Dreamer Reads – Review with gifs + Moodboard
October 11 – My Friends are Fiction – Review + Creative Instagram Picture
October 12 – By Hook Or By Book – Review with gifs
November 12 – The Eater of Books! – Favorite Quotes
November 13 – @darkfaerietales – Creative Instagram Picture
November 14 – Darque Dreamer Reads – Review with gifs + Moodboard
November 15 – My Friends are Fiction – Review + Creative Instagram Picture
November 16 – By Hook Or By Book – Review with gifs