Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (#38): Avalon by Mindee Arnett


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Avalon by Mindee Arnett
Book One of the Avalon series
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Publication Date: January 21, 2014

Summary (from Goodreads):

Of the various star systems that make up the Confederation, most lie thousands of light-years from First Earth-and out here, no one is free. The agencies that govern the Confederation are as corrupt as the crime bosses who patrol it, and power is held by anyone with enough greed and ruthlessness to claim it. That power is derived from one thing: metatech, the devices that allow people to travel great distances faster than the speed of light.

Jeth Seagrave and his crew of teenage mercenaries have survived in this world by stealing unsecured metatech, and they're damn good at it. Jeth doesn't care about the politics or the law; all he cares about is earning enough money to buy back his parents' ship, Avalon, from his crime-boss employer and getting himself and his sister, Lizzie, the heck out of Dodge. But when Jeth finds himself in possession of information that both the crime bosses and the government are willing to kill for, he is going to have to ask himself how far he'll go to get the freedom he's wanted for so long.



I am a huge scifi fan! And Mindee fan! So, I can't wait for this one ^_^

22 comments:

  1. I have this one my to read list and as I haven't read any sci-fi book in a while I hope that this one won't disappoint. Great pick :)

    Here is our WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do find some time to read this book! I love science fiction, so I will most likely LOVE this book. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Not something that i would typically read, but it does sound interesting. :)

    My WoW :)


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really intriguing. I don't read that much sci-fi, but I think I might read this one. Hope you enjoy! Great pick!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that most YA lovers don't read a lot of science fiction! I personally LOVE science fiction. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. This one's new to me! Sounds incredible!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cover. It has sold me. So bad that I don't even read the summary before I know that I'll buy this. I'm definitely a sucker. Great pick, and I haven't read anything else by Mindee, but science-fiction is a great allure for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I absolutely love it. It's simple, but beautiful, and it has a male on it and even though I don't know what he looks like, WHAT A SET OF SHOULDERS! I'm obsessed with men's shoulders.

      But I totally know what you mean - I would have bought this one without knowing anything about it :D

      Delete
  6. OOOOOOh! Shiny!! =D

    Avalon is one of my future WoW entries too! I love sci-fi and Mindee said it's like Firefly, so I'm sold! Can't wait to read it!


    My WoW: http://pili-inlovewithhandmade.blogspot.com.es/2013/09/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! That's awesome! I hope you and I get to read it soon!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. You know, I still haven't figured out what everyone is referring to when they make the Firefly reference.

      I don't know what Firefly is D:

      Delete
  8. Yay! I really want to read this one! I got it off EW, so I'm excited to get to it! :D Great pick chica!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome pick. <3 I hope you will love it :D I have already read an eARC of it ;p it was pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo this looks good, and Balzar + Bray always have the best books. Great pick! Adding it to my TBR. Thanks for stopping by!

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THEY DO! They really do! I hope you read it at some point. You're welcome, Amber!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!