Thursday, September 26, 2013

Swoon Thursday (#36): Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter!


He meshed his lips against mine, infinitely tender, going slowly savoring every moment, as if he could draw out a response - or was willing to do anything necessary to earn one.

That's all it took.

The spark that had always burned between us exploded into a wild inferno. I thrust my tongue against his, and he thrust back. Neither of us was gentle. I clung to him with all of my strength, demanding more, taking more. Taking everything.

It wasn't enough.

I wasn't sure if I would ever get enough.

He moved his hands through my hair, fisting the strands at the strands at the base of my neck and forcing my head to tilt allowing him deeper access to my mouth. In that moment, he owned me.



I really enjoyed this book! And the swoons were even HOTTER in this book :D

25 comments:

  1. Loved this swoon. I have seen this book around lately sounds really good too! Great pick.

    Check out Our Swoons

    Xoxo. Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need more Cole! I loved the first book, and have been wanting this book so bad! Great Swoon Alyssa :) I love how neither of them is gentle. It's like they can't help themselves!

    Here's my Swoon:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/09/swoon-thursday-37.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Yes, you do! I'm giving an ARC of book two. This is definitely a fabulous sequel to enjoy! :D

      Delete
  3. I've hadn't read this book yet! But can't wait to read it after that swoon! Thanks Alyssa! :)

    My swoon
    http://iheartyabooks.blogspot.com/2013/09/swoon-thursday-what-do-you-find.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Im swooning just reading that!! Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my page :)

    xoxo. Alexis @ Lexi Swoons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! You'd love it for the swoon, Lexi, I'm sure! You're very welcome!

      Delete
  5. Dannnnng! The last swoon you did from this series had already convinced me! Now I just plain want to read these! Sigh. SO MANY BOOKS. Not enough time. Why can't someone pay me to be a professional reader?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Well, that's one of the reasons why I did back-to-back swoons from this series. I think a professional reader/reviewer career is in order for this engineer... lol

      Delete
  6. Oo! More Cole? Man, he's a good kisser! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! From the second book this time. That he is!

      Delete
  7. I've heard so much about this Cole! I guess I need to meet him! Great pick!

    Here's My Swoon Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Tell me this is COLE?!! I am anxiously awaiting my copy to arrive in the mail, but I love, LOVE Cole! This was sooooo intense, so sexy, it has to be Cole!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it totally is. There is no love triangle in this series, so far! Although you might *think* there is, in the second book... ;D

      Delete
  9. Mmm a nice 'explosive' kiss! I was hoping you'd pick a swoon from this book. After reading your last swoon and now this one I'm think of starting this series. I have to admit I haven't read many Zombie books, but this one might change all that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! YES! I thought of you when I posted this post. I haven't read many zombie books either, but I really enjoyed this series (so far)! I hope you do too, Amy!

      Delete
  10. I still cannot believe that I havent started this series! It sounds so good and Cole sounds lovely! Amazing swoon!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must, Teresa! It's pretty great. Gena definitely writes some HOT characters!

      Delete
  11. OMG, Alyssa! I love that line about doing everything he could to earn her response. That is seriously hot :-)

    Thanks for visiting MY SWOONS

    Enjoy, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Such a great swoon. And the diction is superb. Very hot!

      Delete
  12. I WANT to READ THIS BOOK! I must put it on my TBR list! The title and the cover remind me of Alice in Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! It's a really great read. It isn't like Alice in Wonderland (the story), but I totally see what you mean :)

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!