Thursday, September 19, 2013

Swoon Thursday (#35): Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter!


"You've clearly been hanging around idiots" His gaze lowered - and stayed - on my lips, and he lost his gleam of amusement. "I'm going to kiss you, Ali."

Here? Now? I thought again, my panic returning and my brain short-circuiting. "But I might be bad at it, and we don't know each other very well, and you don't - and I don't - and we can't -" The words rushed from me, but nothing came out fully formed.

"Apparently I do. And you will. And we can." With that, he lowered his head, meshed his lips against mine and stole my breath.

In a snap, there was only Cole, this moment, his mouth... his taste. Mint and cherries. His heat, enveloping me. His strength, surrounding me. Caging me as if we were back in that grocery store parking lot, the Jeep behind me. I gave myself up to the sensations, lost track of everything but Cole.

He must have lost track of everything but me, too, because the tone of the kiss changed from eager and curious to flat-out ravenous. He devoured me, and I did the same to him. My hands roamed over his back, my nails scraping at him. I was inexperienced, yes, but just like in the visions he knew exactly what he was going. 

This was consuming... drugging. He made me feel, without any kind of filter. For so long, I'd wanted my life to be nothing more than a dream. Now, with emotions and sensations flooding me, I wanted this reality. And I wanted to stay in the safety of his arms. I wanted to give him everything. Here, now. Want, want, want. Want to touch him, more of him. Want his shirt of. I reached for the hem.

He reached for the hem of my shirt.


Mwahaha, I leave you with that! This book was fantastic! I'm sorry that I waited so long to read it. If this is the steamy of her YA novels... I can't imagine her adult novels! And trust me - it's gets steamier in the second book of this series!

24 comments:

  1. Oh my!! I sooooo want to meet Cole! I got the second book in the mail this week, gotta rush out and grab the first!!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you totally do though. I got the second book a few weeks ago. Check out next week's swoon ;)

      Delete
  2. Holy. Crap. Steamier? Yeah, that pretty much just sold me. And I've heard good things, but I do love some YA swooning!! Great choice Alyssa! I need to meet Cole. :D

    My Swoon

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both books in this series! Trust me, you'll love them as well. I hope!

      Delete
  3. Woah, I have this one on my TBR list and I really need to get to it! I think I'll do a binge reading when book 2 comes out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! That is great to hear! And binge reading is definitely the way to go ^_^

      Delete
  4. LOL, I see she a fast learner! hehe Great swoon, Alyssa! ;)

    My swoon
    http://iheartyabooks.blogspot.com/2013/09/swoon-thursday-sweet-and-spicy.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing like the first kiss! I feel the need to meet this Cole, really soon! LOL. Great pick!
    New follower :)

    Check out Our Swoons

    Xoxo. Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I picked this one for a reason. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. I love how intense and ravenous Alice and Cole are for each other! Great Swoon scene Alyssa! I can't wait to read the second book in the series.

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you! You'll LOVE my post for next week then ;)

      Delete
  7. "I do...you will...we can..." Ooh, love this! Never heard of it but sounds like I need to check it out. Thanks, Alyssa! :)

    Nevaeh's Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DO TOO! Possibly my favorite part of the passage. Hope you do, Nevaeh!

      Delete
  8. Wow! Intense swoon! Hmm, I'm not really a zombie fan, but I love the name Cole. And he sounds so hot! I might have to at least check this out on Goodreads. ;)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh but Kelsey, you would love the book regardless of the zombie aspect. And COLE IS YUMMY! :D

      Delete
  9. That is one steamy kiss. I think I might like to meet Cole.

    Thanks for stopping by my Swoon :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowza!! I can't believe this series gets steamier! I've seen this book around, but would not have expected that swoony scene to be in it. Great pick Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! Really! I promise! I think you'd like this series. Thank you, Amy!

      Delete
  11. Her adult books are super steamy! But I still havent started this series and I really dont know why I keep putting them off. That swoon though makes me want to drop everything and start reading now. Awesome swoon!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Conversely, I haven't read any of her adult books, but I have heard that they are steamy! So, naturally, her YA books seem to be steamy on a YA level. Teresa, this is a really great series, especially in terms of romance! Thank you <3

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!