Thursday, June 27, 2013

Swoon Thursday (#24): Awaken by Meg Cabot

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Awaken by Meg Cabot!


(This is my FAVORITE passage of the book, so I'll share most of it!)


"This is all the therapy I need," he said, raising his hand from my waist to another part of my anatomy, nearer to my heart.

I sucked in my breath. "I'm pretty sure in therapy, that would be called a diversionary tactic."

"Then I need a lot more diversionary tactics," John said, his fingers moving to tug on the string that kept the bodice of my dress closed in the front. "Also, there's something you promised to tell me that you still haven't said -"

I don't know if it was the intoxicating mixture of his closeness; his kisses; the comforting cocoon of pillows; the romantic, constant drumming of the rain outside; or the fact that, after so long, we finally seemed to have found somewhere we could safely be together. But it wasn't long before I found myself murmuring, "I love you, I love you, I love you," exactly as I'd longed to the entire time he was gone.

- eARC, 59%



I loved this book! In my opinion, the first one, Abandon, was pretty good (3 stars), the second one, Underworld, was AWFUL (2 stars), and this one, Awaken, was excellent (4 stars). Such a great end to this trilogy! 

34 comments:

  1. Great swoon!It's nice to see that you stuck with the series even though you didn't enjoy the second one very much.

    My Swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Sounds like John is totally swoon worthy! Awesome pick!

    My Swoon from Heartbeat (Heartbeat #1) by Faith Sullivan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... great swoon!! No wonder it's your favourite!!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw it sounds so cute. I love your swoon! :-D
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Zenia @ The Obsessive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad the series ended nice and strong! Stinks that it looks like the second book hit that 'second book syndrome'. Ah, well. Great swoon Alyssa!

    My Swoon

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this series and sooooo want to read book 3! Great swoon, girl <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this series, but I want to after that great swoon, Alyssa! Thanks for stopping by my swoon! :)

    My swoon Precious Things by Stephanie Parent
    http://iheartyabooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/ya-bound-swoon-thursday-precious-things.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you'll read them sometime! My pleasure, Debbie ^_^

      Delete
  8. I love this series so much! I can't wait to get my hands on this book, and with this swoon I'm DYING!
    Great pick and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read it soon! Not too long from now :D

      Delete
  9. I have not read this series yet. Hopefully I will get to it sometime soon. Great swoon!

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can totally see why this is your favorite. It's awefully cute. Thanks so much for sharing!
    My Swoon, and there'salso a bloggoversary giveaway running on my blog to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the swoon! I have yet to read this series, but it sounds good.
    Thanks for stopping by my swoon. :)

    Holly @ Part of that World

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always the second book. Glad you loved the ending though. Great swoon.


    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww such a sweet swoon and definitely worth sticking with the series after a disappointing sequel!!

    Thanks for dropping by My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet Swoon! Thanks for sharing your favorite scene with us, and for stopping by my swoon!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo! Very swoon-worthy. I haven't read a single Meg Cabot book (I know) but I love these covers and I know she's so talented! One day I'll have to check them out. Thanks for sharing the passage!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is my first three books I've read of Meg Cabot. Well, I read Insatiable after Underworld, but that book was AWFUL. My pleasure!

      Delete
  16. I haven't read this series but I do like that scene.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!