Sunday, June 2, 2013

Armchair BEA: Day 6 (Genres and Wrap-Up)


Genres: Did We Miss Any?

In the discussion posts we have had in the past days, I do not think we've missed many genres! But today, I would like to highlight one that is often glossed over.

Steampunk.

According to Dictionary.com, steampunk is defined as...

"a subgenre of science fiction and fantasy featuring advanced machines and other technology based on steam power of the 19th century and taking place in a recognizable historical period or a fantasy world."

I really like the steampunk genre (or sub-genre, depending on how you look at it!). Here are some of my favorites:










I have truly appreciated the steampunk books I have read, and hope for more!


Wrap-Up

Well, this was my first year participating in Armchair BEA, and I loved it! I really liked creating extra posts each day and discussing genres. 

And I won a giveaway! While it was by no means the book I wanted, I can't complain too much :)

Thank you, Armchair BEA hosts and sponsors, for a wonderful couple of days of posts, chats, and giveaways!

5 comments:

  1. Steampunk, I knew there was one I forgot to mention. I need to read a couple of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steampunk is a great suggestion! Thank you so much for participating this year. We can't wait for you to join us again next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! My pleasure, Emily, and thank YOU for everything you do! <3

      Delete
  3. Oh yeah! thanks for sharing I need to read some more of those XD

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!