Thursday, June 6, 2013

Swoon Thursday (#21): Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout!


He crowded me as soon as I entered his study, picking up a strand of my hair and then letting it fall back onto my shoulder. I was all too aware of the way my body tensed as he stepped even closer, his chest nearly flush with mine. God, he smelled wonderful - soap and spice. I didn't like that he was this close, and at the same time I sort of craved it in the same way you wanted to do thing you should never do.

Breathless, I struggled to get back to the important stuff. "Do they know I'm here" Will there be-"

Clasping the sides of my cheeks, he drew my mouth to his. The kiss took me completely off guard. It was fierce, punishing, and hard, but my lips immediately parted. A hot, sweet flush swept through my body.

He backed me up against a stacked bookcase. The length of his arousal pressed against my belly as his hands skimmed over my arms, down to the tips of my fingers, and to the drawstring on my shorts.

"The Luxen was looking for you," he said, unraveling the string with quick, nimble movements. "He is no longer looking for anyone."

- eARC, 43%

Author Website | Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble


I loved this book! I have a feeling there will be a lot of swoons from this book featured this week. 

Check out my review HERE for Obsession.

27 comments:

  1. My, this one sure is popular this week. Great swoon. Love all these little titbits I'm getting today. Thanks for sharing :)

    My swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I loved Obsession. Thanks, Marilyn!

      Delete
  2. I must get this book. All the swoons are fantastic!!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooo! I bought this a few nights ago! Glad to know it's living up to its steaminess factor!

    My Swoon

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used Obsession too this week! I had to share the Hunter love! Great choice! Loved it!

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  5. *sigh* So love this book AND we are swoon twins today!

    My Swoon!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so many great things about this book. I tried to read Obsidian by her, but I didn't finish it. I really want to get back to that series and read Obsession. Love your swoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd like Obsession, even if you didn't like Obsidian :)

      Delete
  7. I just bought Obsession :) Love your Swoon Lyss :) It's supper hot! I'm so so so excited to read this! I'm already liking this alpha male!!!!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must read it! I know you'll love it, Lindy ;)

      Delete
  8. Ahh, I'm swooning over Hunter this week too! Great minds think alike, lol.
    Awesome pick and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll be swooning over Hunter for months :D

      AND YES, OUR FANTASTIC BRAINS DEFINITELY THINK ALIKE! <3

      Delete
  9. Nothing sexier than getting backed against a bookcase, right?

    MY SWOONS

    Enjoy, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your swoon :D! I bought it when it released, but have not started it yet. I need to after I finish reading the other two books I need to read to review.

    Here's mine:
    http://kassiesthoughts30.blogspot.com/2013/06/swoon-thursday-4-seduced-in-dark-by-cj.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do finish it! I loved this one ^_^

      Delete
  11. I thought this one would be popular this week! I have it sitting on my Kindle waiting for me to read this long weekend - after reading this swoon I know I am going to LOVE IT!!!!!!!

    Thanks for visiting My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You MUST get to it soon - you definitely will love it, Amy! <3

      Delete
  12. I only read one JL's books! But I love the swoon you picked! Putting this one on my TBR! Thanks Alyssa

    My swoon: REAL by Kate Evans
    http://iheartyabooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/ya-bound-swoon-thursday-real-real-raw.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm going to have to go pick this book up ;)
    My swoon: http://katiesreadingcorner.blogspot.com/2013/06/swoon-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!