Thursday, June 13, 2013

Swoon Thursday (#22): Rush by Eve Silver

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Rush by Eve Silver!


I absolutely LOVE this swoon, and I feel like I need to share the entire scene, because it's all just one giant swoon. So, I'm cheating a little - this excerpt is extra long. 


We're separated by only a small space, and then we aren't because Jackson steps closer, so close that the faint citrus scent his shaving cream left on his skin lures me. So close that I have to tip my head back to meet his gaze.

Pulse racing, I stand perfectly still as he reaches up to pull the covered elastic from my ponytail. He takes his time, leaving me plenty of opportunity to stop him, to step away. My slides down over my shoulders. My breath stops as he takes a thick handful and drags his fingers through the ends, then lowers his face so his nose traces up the side of my neck to my ear.

"You smell like strawberries," he whispers.

"Shampoo." I barely have enough breath for even that single word. All my senses are filled with him, the feel of his chest against mine, his lips on my skin, the beat of his heart thundering in time with my own.

My breathing turns ragged. I'm grateful for the solid weight of his forearm pressing against my lower back, drawing me closer, holding me up because my legs feel like noodles, my head spinning.

He drags his mouths over the angle of my jaw, my cheeks, to my lips.

Fire bursts inside me. My lips part under his, Coming up on my toes, I fist my hands in his hair and kiss him back, sharing the flames that lick at my soul. I breathe as he breathes, liquid heat in my veins.

- eARC, 88%



TRUST ME when I say you will WANT to read this book at some point. Borrow it from a friend, get it from the library, buy it, SOMEHOW you must obtain a copy. The ending was killer, but I really enjoyed this book. And the romance was a huge bonus! Oh, Jackson...

And how about the cover! So gorgeous! But for the life of me, I can't find a color appropriate enough to match the cover. Rawr.

Anyway! What/who made you swoon this week?

38 comments:

  1. I love long swoon's. That one was awesome. Thanks for sharing it.
    And the cover - yeah, it's pretty intriguing.

    My swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! That is such a great swoon... touchy feely, love it!!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. That defintly was a great swoon! I'll be sure to find this book and read it! Thanks for sharing!

    Here is My Swoon

    Brenna@Two-Tall-Tales

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was definitely swoon-worthy. Wow. The girls at Epic Reads were raving about Jackson...I see why :)

    I am so late for the bandwagon, but I'm still amazed with ELEANOR AND PARK. So. So. So. GOOD!!! I don't know about swooning, but I definitely felt like I'd been kicked :)

    In the best, emotional way possible of course lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG YES. I loved this book, this swoon, Jackson ;)

      I actually haven't read Eleanor and Park - so don't feel bad! I have to read it though, because everyone has been raving over Rainbow's books :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Romily!

      Delete
    2. You haven't read it?! OMG YOU MUST MUST MUST READ IT!! It will become your favorite new precious pretty...or that might just be me being weird as usual :) But seriously, I rarely re-read books for some reason--even if I really enjoyed them and I've re-read ELEANOR twice!! So so so hope you love it!!

      Delete
    3. Hmmm... you put up a good argument. I shall check it out from the public library! Ooo, and Attachments. I DO have Fangirl though :D

      Delete
  5. Sounds really good and that cover is definitely unique (in a good way!). Here's my swoon:

    http://nevaehnewadultbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/swoon-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, awesome swoon, Alyssa! I might have to read this one, LOL. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely might have to... SHOULD! :D

      Delete
  7. Wow, I never read a swoon before where a guy undoes the girl's ponytail. That's SO hot!

    MY SWOONS

    Enjoy, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm such a sucker for guys named Jackson! Love it.

    My Swoon

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek! Me too! Currently thinking of Poison Princess...

      Delete
  9. I LOVE this swoon!
    My Swoon


    Ally @ bookfixation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I need to read this book! Great swoon!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    -Holly @ Part of that World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sincerely hope you do! My pleasure, Holly :)

      Delete
  11. Ok, I'm adding this book to my TBR! It sounds really good! I loved your Swoon, sometimes it's the little things, that are the sexiest! Thanks for sharing, and introducing me to this book!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY, I'm glad! I agree though - the little things make the difference. Hope you read it and enjoy it!

      Delete
  12. I'm dying to read this book! And that swoon didn't help either! I have to get it!
    Great choice!

    My swoon: http://mycrazybookobsession.blogspot.se/2013/06/swoon-thursday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did love that part. :D Great pick Alyssa!!

    Thanks for stopping by my swoon!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing a long great swoon. I see you are reading Romancing The Bookworm. I look forward to reading it.

    Mine
    http://wickedlydeliciousbookblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/swoon-meme-opal-by-jennifer-l-armentrout.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! And yes - I hope you like it more than I do!

      Delete
  15. I'm so glad you didn't cut the scene, cause that was an awesome swoon! The cover has been calling me since I first saw it...there is something about those pinks & blues that's so pretty ;)

    Thanks for stopping by My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't cut it but there is a smidgen of action after that, nothing major. And right?! I love it so much! :D

      Delete
  16. Oh this one keeps popping up and that makes me curious. Love the swoon!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great, slow-burning swoon! I don't think anyone would complain about the length!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!